By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now Wii U Is Less Powerful Than PS3/360? This Is Getting Stupid!

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:
Not that i believe this, but why do some people get so butthurt??? Its not like there insulting your mother

It's trolling. How's about I say this, as stupid as it is:

"The Vita is not much more powerful than a game boy" or "The PS3 is a little more powerful than two NES's tacked together with chewing gum"

When you're a fan of something, you don't enjoy when others put it down. You're a fan of Tails (Sonic), how about this

"Tails is just a copy of Luigi"

Something dumb like that. If one person says it, you can brush it off. Now multiply that by 100 times, and change it to

"Tails is just a copy of this character's sidekick"

It gets offensive. When Nintendo came out with the 64, which destroyed the competition in terms of pushing 3D graphics. The Cube, which was superior to the PS2. You get 1 gen where Nintendo has the weaker console, and all the children come out to say "The WiiU will be less powerful than the PS360". Whatevs

If you said that I wouldnt care, it would just show how ignorant and silly you are. (Im not saying YOU in particular)  I would just laugh and wave it off, after all, they are just GAMES. Until they start, insulting a person's ethnicity, beliefs, family, you know actual IMPORTANT things in life I couldnt care less. People crapped on SONY products for years, especially on this site. I never threw a hissy fit.  I would never get "offended" on someone's opinion on a video game system, im not in the 5th grade.  Your VIta examples or not that great BTW, that thing is out we know what it can do, cant say the same for WII U, what is the difference between what these guys are saying and what some Ninty fans are saying that Wii U will be much more powerful than the HDs?? They both sound like ramblings of people who have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Around the Network

I dont believe that WII U will be less powerful than PS360, but is it really a stretch to believe that WII U will actually on par or just bit more powerful than PS360?? This isnt about Ninty, MS or Sony, but Ninty did pretty much do that with the WII, and last time I checked the numbers putting out a system that was kind of weak on the hardware side actually worked for them. Just saying. I personally hop

im starting to think this can be true, why? because long ago in the last E3 miyamoto itself said that it wont be necessary to be more powerfull than the current gen, they only want new experiences and different ways to play games like the fucking controler ¬¬, and the most important and dissapointing thing: THEY WANT A CHEAP CONSOLE TO BURST THE SALES TO MANY PEOPLE AS POSIBLE, so maybe it will finally be 250 or even 200 were only 100$ are for the fucking controler.

just search in google miyamoto wii u

if that is true then can go to fuck themselves, i want nintendo with fucking graphics and i want it now

so if you keep this in mind "NINTENDO = CHEAP" it cant be to much powerful having that expensive controler with lots of extras bursting the price and at the same time having a final cost of 250 or so leaving the value of the hardware itself to 100 or 150$ for the next 6 years ¬¬, fucking dumb

my dreams of 350-400$ nintendo console are vanishing...

^ If you feel that strongly about graphical performance go buy a PC and just skip the Wii U altogether, the last time Nintendo tried to play the power game they got undressed by Sony and the third parties.

spurgeonryan said:
I highly doubt that the Wii U will be less powerful than the 360/PS3. The Wii was already not horribly far behind them. So basically if this was true they would be saying that the wii U is just a little stronger than the 3DS. Sounds a bit rediculous to me. Probably a company making some shovelware for the Wii U so Nintendo gave them a Nintendo 64 kit to work with.

What? The Wii was so far behind technically it couldn't even make them out through the trail of dust they left it in. 480i/P is not even close to 720P/1080i/p. If it was even close, they would have done HD graphics. While I doubt the new Nintendo will be less than what is out today in terms of power, I doubt it will be much better. Nintendo likes it's profit margins much like Apple. They will keep the cost down as much as possible.

Around the Network
Superman4 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I highly doubt that the Wii U will be less powerful than the 360/PS3. The Wii was already not horribly far behind them. So basically if this was true they would be saying that the wii U is just a little stronger than the 3DS. Sounds a bit rediculous to me. Probably a company making some shovelware for the Wii U so Nintendo gave them a Nintendo 64 kit to work with.

What? The Wii was so far behind technically it couldn't even make them out through the trail of dust they left it in. 480i/P is not even close to 720P/1080i/p. If it was even close, they would have done HD graphics. While I doubt the new Nintendo will be less than what is out today in terms of power, I doubt it will be much better. Nintendo likes it's profit margins much like Apple. They will keep the cost down as much as possible.

I think you need to be introduced to the Gamecube which was more powerful than the PS2, sold for $100 less, and Nintendo didn't come close to losing as much money on hardware as Sony did.

Here is a rough calculation for the cost of the Wii U console released at the end of 2012:

$125 (fixed cost)
+ $25 * performance multiple over XBox 360
+ premium cost of Wii U controller over conventional controller

If you assume it will cost $25 more for a Wii U controller than an XBox 360 controller (a reasonable estimate) and the Wii U is 4 times the performance of the XBox 360 (also a reasonable estimate) the Wii U could probably be sold for $250; if the Wii U was closer to 8 times the performance of the XBox 360 I would expect the cost to be closer to $350, and 16 times the performance would be around $550. All estimates within $50 either way.

Certainly, a conventional generational jump (8 to 32 times the performance) would result in a very expensive system; but a moderate performance improvement of 4 to 8 times would still leave the Wii U in a price range people are used to paying.

now i am thinking in a posible strategy from nintendo for the E3, they probably will never say the actual power of the wii u, they will show some good looking graphics at the e3 to make the people happy and thats all, even if its equal or worse than ps3/360 ( but i honestly think that it must be atleast "on par" )

oniyide said:

If you said that I wouldnt care, it would just show how ignorant and silly you are. (Im not saying YOU in particular)  I would just laugh and wave it off, after all, they are just GAMES. Until they start, insulting a person's ethnicity, beliefs, family, you know actual IMPORTANT things in life I couldnt care less. People crapped on SONY products for years, especially on this site. I never threw a hissy fit.  I would never get "offended" on someone's opinion on a video game system, im not in the 5th grade.  Your VIta examples or not that great BTW, that thing is out we know what it can do, cant say the same for WII U, what is the difference between what these guys are saying and what some Ninty fans are saying that Wii U will be much more powerful than the HDs?? They both sound like ramblings of people who have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

@ bold. Obviously. If someone said something bad about my family I get pretty boily inside.

But that's really easy to throw out as a non-fan. It would be better if someone who was actually a fan said what you said, because coming from you it really doesn't help at all.

If someone's a fan of Star Wars, and someone else comes up to them while they're watching their favorite SW movie and yells, SW sucks! It's a best hilarious, at worst purely aggressing. Take that from a guy who got bashed for saying he agreed with a review of Twisted Metal that belittled its appeal because I had reasons to think it was a lesser piece of SW (the sales didn't prove me too wrong). I was respectful and just stated my POV. But here, it's getting pretty low when denial says the WiiU will be less than the PS360, and will believe it, despite everything we know this far about it tells us the pure opposite. It gets almost insulting. Many of us respect Nintendo as a relevant company, many haters would like to see it fade into irrelevance (and this is mostly due to ignorance, because they only see the Wii generation, while more informed gamers have been here for much longer, the history of which shows Nintendo often had the more dominant consoles from a performance standpoint). That's the heart of the issue imho.

oniyide said:
I dont believe that WII U will be less powerful than PS360, but is it really a stretch to believe that WII U will actually on par or just bit more powerful than PS360?? This isnt about Ninty, MS or Sony, but Ninty did pretty much do that with the WII, and last time I checked the numbers putting out a system that was kind of weak on the hardware side actually worked for them. Just saying. I personally hop

I personally hope?

I'm interested to hear the rest!

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

I personally hope?

I'm interested to hear the rest!

He ran out of ink?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(