By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will win next gen, Xbox 720 or PS4?

Which console will win ?

Xbox 720 109 18.76%

PS4 353 60.76%

it'll be a tie 29 4.99%

See results 90 15.49%

Total:581
loy310 said:
Should be even in the 8 gen. Same price and launch dates might make it hard for anyone to pull away.

How did you find this dead thread? Its last post was over a year ago.

Around the Network

Are there any doubt?

PS4

+ Early launch (no one year late launch... 16 months in Europe)
+ No high price.... ~$400 this time
+ Friendly and easy development (no more Cell SPEs)
+ More and biggest exclusives
+ More powerful console (gap bigger than PS3 to X360)

I can't see how Nextbox can sell more than PS4 because 360 never sold more than PS3.... it just have a year more in sales (16 months in EU).

PSV like a boss!

Anyways, nobody knows, stop pretending like you do based on your own bias.

Its gonna be the PS4 and 720 slugging it out.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Just like how current gen fares. PS4 will tend to have more advantage this time around.

Around the Network

PlayStation Vita

This thread shouldn't exist. Flame war city.

I think M$ will win. They dominate the biggest market in the world. They have more money, marketing ability and know what they're doing, they'll create tonnes of worldwide buzz. . The ps4 seems like it will cost too much again and because of Sonys financial troubles they can't really afford to sell it at a loss, even if they do, it will be a small one. The price for this console will be to high, more so because of the market than anything Sony has done but still somehow hasn't picked up on that. Sony have been in trouble for years. The ps3 lost them billions and destroyed all the profits made in the ps2 era, the most successful console of all time (seriously, how did they even do that?) . They're just not the company they once were. If they haven't learnt from the ps3 and Vita, how will the ps4 be any different?

ironmanDX said:

I think M$ will win. They dominate the biggest market in the world. They have more money, marketing ability and know what they're doing, they'll create tonnes of worldwide buzz. . The ps4 seems like it will cost too much again and because of Sonys financial troubles they can't really afford to sell it at a loss, even if they do, it will be a small one. The price for this console will be to high, more so because of the market than anything Sony has done but still somehow hasn't picked up on that. Sony have been in trouble for years. The ps3 lost them billions and destroyed all the profits made in the ps2 era, the most successful console of all time (seriously, how did they even do that?) . They're just not the company they once were. If they haven't learnt from the ps3 and Vita, how will the ps4 be any different?

Sony flexible on PS4 cost

How many times do i have to post this!!

Deyon said:
ironmanDX said:

Sony flexible on PS4 cost

How many times do i have to post this!!

They're selling assets to survive. Flexible for a company in their position isn't very flexible at all. Flexible could be $50. I see the ps4 costing at least $499 minimum.

kain_kusanagi said:
loy310 said:
Should be even in the 8 gen. Same price and launch dates might make it hard for anyone to pull away.

How did you find this dead thread? Its last post was over a year ago.

I had it booked marked from 2012, I guess I had bookmarked it to reply at a later time but just forgot to. 1 year later I am removing old bookmarks and ran into this. 

I have a lot vgc dead threads bookmarked.