By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will win next gen, Xbox 720 or PS4?

Which console will win ?

Xbox 720 109 18.76%

PS4 353 60.76%

it'll be a tie 29 4.99%

See results 90 15.49%

Total:581
ethomaz said:
MoHasanie said:
007BondAgent said:

microsoft lost billions with the 360, and only just started making up as of late, so yehh.

Hasn't the Xbox divison made up for its loses from previos years now?

Nope

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

That's a resume from the last 10 years... 2003-2013... Microsft lost even more money in the first years of XBOX (2001-2003)... I guess they have to profit at least 5 billion to tie the early XBOX looses.

Aren't those huge loses between 2003-05 only for the original Xbox? 007BondAgent was only talking about the 360. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

MoHasanie said:

Aren't those huge loses between 2003-05 only for the original Xbox? 007BondAgent was only talking about the 360.

Make the maths... 2005, 2006 and 2007 are 360 looses... well the 360 R&D was in FY04 too but you can sum just after 2005.

007BondAgent said:

holy crap, didn't know it was that much

If you sum just the 360 years you have near 1 billion losses only... now if you account the lifetime XBOX division then it's more close to 5 billion looses... 3 billion is just in the last 10 years.

Honestly, neither are going to "win" the generation, if you ask me. I do feel like Wii U sales will pick up, and while it's lead over the competition might not be AS wide as Wii's was last gen, I still think it has a chance to stay the market leader.

Between the two, sadly, I'll pick Xbox. Why? Because while the sales of both are very close by now for last gen, the US especially seems to be rather fond of the Xbox brand (don't ask me why). Me personally, I've never liked the system, the controller, the look, the exclusives, the culture. But this past gen 360 overtook the Playstation brand as the "cool console" to own for a lot of kids. So who knows, but the safe bet is Xbox.

Moonhero said:
Wii U. One year+ head start. Lower price... LOCK.

If the exclusives 1st party are good enough. Or It's going the Gamecube way.

Around the Network

Dreamcast perhaps?

In Gods we trust. Dattebayo...

WiiU ID:         Aias23

Xbox360/XboxOne ID:  Aias23

3DS FC:         3737 9509 2938

what do you mean wins sells the most consoles or makes the most money. I think prob they both will do really well and i think the wii u will have to do something it has not had a great start it needs some great games or some amazing upgrades

Going with the PS4 for worldwide sales. Xbox3 will win USA, but the gap will be much smaller, if the total gap next gen in USA is only 5m it would mean huge differences, this gen it would mean PS3 was +-9m ahead. I also predict PS4 is gonna eat 720s sales in Europe.

PS4 has a lot of positive buzz right now, PS3 was all negative, high launch price, games that didn't look as good as E3 05, no rumble in Sixaxis, arrogant comments by Sony execs.

depends how kinect 2 does with the casuals and the price of both consoles. if PS4 is same price and kinect 2 doesnt really attract the casuals, than most of the early adopters will be PS4 owners.

Wii U