By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will win next gen, Xbox 720 or PS4?

Which console will win ?

Xbox 720 109 18.76%

PS4 353 60.76%

it'll be a tie 29 4.99%

See results 90 15.49%

Total:581

It's obvious that we will see new consoles from Microsoft and Sony in 1-2 years. But which console do you think will be more successful? 

I honestly believe that Microsoft will kill Sony in the USA and Britain, much more than it did this gen.  I'm not sure about other countries.

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

No option for the Wii U? D=

I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

3DS Friend Code: Tate - Uh.. stuff happened... I need to get a new 3DS 

Switch FC: SW-3272-7705-6029

If you add me, please let me know so I can add you back. =D

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

FFXIV Character: Tate Raken of Hyperion

All time favorite game: Chrono Trigger. 

All time favorite Manga: One piece... Followed by Ranma 1/2. 

Tatewaki75 said:
No option for the Wii U? D=

Between the two.

I trust no one, not even myself.

Obviously we know nothing about either of them yet, but it doesn't look like Sony have learnt anything from the PS3 (as can be seen from the Vita), so I think that the 720 will have next gen.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Well, considering we have absolutely no concrete facts about either console at this point in time, aside from possible development code names, it's way to early to call this.

I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

Around the Network

X720 just for the lulz.

Wii U

AstroMaSSi rules

I think it all comes down to the price. Make it even and Playstation 4 should win if this generation is anything to go by (which it isn't?).

Of course software matters a lot too, but we don't know anything about them yet. What we do know is that PS3 would have sold more than X360 by now if their price tags would've been even throughout the generation.

We know nothing (lol), but I predict Xbox 3 will win. If not by sales then by profit margin.

AstroMaSSi said:
Wii U

Yeah, I'll vote Wii U too, just because it's been annouced, and we have a broad idea of the games in development. 

PS4

720 isnt going to have a year head start

that means that 720 wont have a full 12 months to build a library of 1st and 3rd party games before PS4 releases

they also wont have the full 12 months to gather in sales before PS4 is launched

the devs wont automatically develop games on  720 1st so its more up in the air with which console will be developed for 1st

they will most likely launch at a closer price point than what we seen with ps3 and 360

PS4 should have the big PS Eye around to raise its sales in the holidays. Kinect 2.0 wont be able to save 720's ass like the Kinect did for 360 this gen

this will leave it all to the exclusives and everybody knows that Sony outshines microsoft in the exclusives area

so i say PS4 easy!