By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gameinformer: Resistance 2 unvieled. Simply awesome.

Could admin move all the screenshots and info into the first post in future so I don't have to trawl past everyones mindless, pointless and incredibly boring bickering?
I don't care what anyone else thinks about a pre released game, I couldn't give a toss if you think GoW or COD4 is better, I just want to look as some damn screens and read what official information is available.

Thanks.

Around the Network

I dunno what it is about this second game that I like so much. There is so much freshness packed into one game. This is coming from a person who despises the first one. I have it and it gets less play than a senior citizen in a nursing home. The graphics on the original are dope and that is it. But, for some reason from what I have heard so far this game really appeals to me. With so much offered on one disc, I think this will be the game that says "See this is what our console really can do."

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

Insomniac went into R2 production quite awhile ago. They have a dev 2 team setup now where Ted price runs the resistance side and brian algier run the ratchet side of things. so I can pretty much say thet the next ratchet releases in fall 2009 without a sweat.

R2 is running on the same revamped game engine they had for ratchet F:TOD. as time goes on the game engine just keeps getting better and allows them for quicker game development turn around.

Why are people calling resistance rise of man. Has anyone got any evidence it's called tha?

How can you think if you don't know enough words?

How do you know what I think until you hear what I say.

Both by Vygotsky

PSN addy- solojohlo

"Fi fai fo fum, I hear Insomniac's war drum"
Seriously though; I think Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 will be vastly different both gameplay wise and in visulas and art.
Think Doom vs Half-Life, that's a tad more suitable imo.
Then again, one could remove the "vs" alltogether, considering these are two platform exclusives that will hardly harm each others sales... I think they'll make a collective effort and up hardware sales in a big way, along with the "the big three" we're waiting for (FF, MGS, GT).

Around the Network
ngage sux said:
Why are people calling resistance rise of man. Has anyone got any evidence it's called tha?

at first i think there was a rumor saying that would be the name

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

just a question about the sc:

we all agree that these sc MAY come from a cinematic and then are not really representative of the in game visual quality ?

Time to Work !

I know that i will be picking up both Resistance 2 and KZ 2 when they are released anyway :D

Resistance 2 is a given though, bit skeptical about KZ 2 but i will give it a chance at least!

@libellule

all resistance in-game cinematics were from the engine in the game...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I want to see more gore in the sequel. You know, see crawlers and leapers actually bite and/or devour Hale's (probably) followers/soldiers throughout the single player campaign. Make it a bit more sinister. Make me believe that Chimera's are sons of bitches I want to kill without hestitation :P.

Also, I would love to see Insomniac do something about the music. Like entering abondend locations, living quaters &/or appartments. I want it to be similiar to in Bioshock when you would hear the radio play music from the corresponding time. give me ambience Insomniac and Im all yours (even though Im already won over).

I think its pretty amazing though that Resistance is Insomniac's second actuall FPS and they've actually made a decent job on especially considering it was rushed.

Damn, can't wait for this thing to hit stores. I want to continue this adventure.

They've allegdedly taken inspiration from, Team Fortress 2 (The orange box), Bioshock, Call of Duty 4 & to some extent Halo. Thats a fucking winning formula right there.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.