By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gameinformer: Resistance 2 unvieled. Simply awesome.

Didn't the Xbox360 have COD4, Halo3, and Bioshock all come out in the second year of the console's life and all sold amazingly well? Weren't those three games part of the reason why the 360 had such a good holiday season? If both Killzone and Resistance are good solid games, Sony probably has nothing to worry about sales wise for each game. Plus they would both really help PS3 sales during the biggest sales season of the year.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network
Damstr8 said:
fooflexible said:
Insomniac is just an amazing studio and when so many people are complaining about ps3 development so many games have been delayed on the system they are cranking out phenomenal titles every year, they seriously don't get enough props, and Sony is lucky to have them.

R2 sounds amazing It's funny its starting to sound like it is going to overshadow Killzone 2 by year end.

I wouldnt underestimate killzone 2,that game has a lot of hype around it and that game will sell amazingly.

I put my trust behind good developers not hype, and the people that are making Killzone 2 have made two games, and both a not that good. So I don't expect this to be much better. Maybe it will, but either way Insominiac has already proven themselves, and what's better is they've already proven themselves twice over this generation.

fooflexible said:
Damstr8 said:
fooflexible said:
Insomniac is just an amazing studio and when so many people are complaining about ps3 development so many games have been delayed on the system they are cranking out phenomenal titles every year, they seriously don't get enough props, and Sony is lucky to have them.

R2 sounds amazing It's funny its starting to sound like it is going to overshadow Killzone 2 by year end.

I wouldnt underestimate killzone 2,that game has a lot of hype around it and that game will sell amazingly.

I put my trust behind good developers not hype, and the people that are making Killzone 2 have made two games, and both a not that good. So I don't expect this to be much better. Maybe it will, but either way Insominiac has already proven themselves, and what's better is they've already proven themselves twice over this generation.

I look at it this way....the original killzone was crap,but it still sold a couple million(i think),but this killzone has way more hype than lair did or any other game on the ps3 so far,before the ps3 came out,killzone 2 was the game to get

bbsin said:
Mars said:
makingmusic476 said:
bbsin said:
Sony would be stupid to let Insomniac release this game in 08, not after all the times they've hyped up Killzone2. The last thing Sony wants is to make competition among it's own 1st and 2nd party exclusive titles.

Having two heavy hitters like this in one season would only spur ps3 sales, thus resulting in more sales for both games, theoretically.

duhh.

but in sony hater minds two great exclusive games are some how a bad thing.

@Mar: First off, I'm going to take it that you are NOT stupid enough to accuse me of all people to be a "sony hater". Secondly there's no problem with two "great" (when did KZ2 achieve "greatness"?) exclusives during the same seasons. However, there is a problem with two FPS games that are getting released in the same time frame that is published by the same publisher.

If the masses know that a proven success such as Resistance is going to be released around the same time frame as KZ2, people are probably going to wait for R2 instead. The only FPS game that i can see derailing KZ2's hype in 08 is Resistance2, so why would Sony go through all the trouble of hyping up KZ2 just to knock it down with another one of their own games? The average consumer is not going to go out and buy two FPS games just for the heck of it, they are going to pick one, and that's going to hurt the sales of the other game if the release dates are close to each other. Like I said before, Sony doesn't NEED R2 to add into their already stacked 08 lineup, that's why they can afford to bring R2 into 09 and i guarantee that would benefit Sony much more than trying to stick both their premiere FPS games into the same quarter.

For one they arent being relesed in the same time frame, K2 has no release date ealry 08 rumored while R2 being an Insomniacs game will come in november. 

If they are relesed in the same time frame it will be juts before the holidays were both will be heavely marketed and both will find great success.  Gamers arent exacly so poor they cant affored two games.

are people still discussing this??? for the 360 last year i had halo 3 bioshock and cod4 and that didnt hurt the sales of any of those... i think ps3 owners are just scared the games wont sell good if release near each other...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network
Bonafide732 said:
are people still discussing this??? for the 360 last year i had halo 3 bioshock and cod4 and that didnt hurt the sales of any of those... i think ps3 owners are just scared the games wont sell good if release near each other...

Well if they were released very closely towards each other it would affect the sales of each other,The average consumer will not pay $120 for two games in the same week or so,If sony was smart they would  realease one at least a few months ahead of the other.

URNotE said:
twesterm said:
Damstr8 said:
fooflexible said:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6981

well its already a guarantee that killzone will outsell lair...

I hope it does but I was just pointing out hype isn't everything as Lair had a very large amount of hype. It probably had about the same amount of hype as Killzone 2 until people actually got their hands on it.

@twesterm

lmao!!

Lair had hype? Are you serious? I didnt see sony show it at e3 as much as they did killzone 2.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

zackblue said:
@twesterm

lmao!!

Lair had hype? Are you serious? I didnt see sony show it at e3 as much as they did killzone 2.

I guess you forgot the whole Sony Domination starts with Lair, of course I wouldn't blame you since that's been said about quite a few things but the points still there. Lair was pretty hyped about being one of the most fantastic prettiest games and was supposed to show us all how motion control games are really supposed to be played. Like I said, up until people actually got their hands on the game, this was a *very* highly anticipated game.

Bonafide732 said:

LOL Ps3 owners arent the ones whining how both games coming colse to each other would be bad.

Nothing would be better then K2 and R2 before the 08 holidays, perfect time killers for winter.