By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gameinformer: Resistance 2 unvieled. Simply awesome.

@ Ruska, what was their first FPS, I've never heard of it (unless you mean this is their second)
Anyway, for me 60 player multiplayer seems insane, I just hope they manage to make it that big without any lag problems, although i'm told resistance 40 player online was brilliant. I don't particually like resistance because I dont like alines or mutant, but this game looks awesome, I just hope my brother buys it

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
@ Ruska, what was their first FPS, I've never heard of it (unless you mean this is their second)
Anyway, for me 60 player multiplayer seems insane, I just hope they manage to make it that big without any lag problems, although i'm told resistance 40 player online was brilliant. I don't particually like resistance because I dont like alines or mutant, but this game looks awesome, I just hope my brother buys itD

Disruptor-for the Playstation was their first fps

Lafiel said:
@ Kasz216 )

from what I've seen he is only "overcritical" when it comes to PS3 games

so my conclusion is ,that in his opinion games gain/lose respect depending on the plattform they are developed for

Assuming you're talking about me, I was actually bitching about No more Heroes yesterday.  Booyah.

brute said:
ngage sux said:
Why are people calling resistance rise of man. Has anyone got any evidence it's called tha?

at first i think there was a rumor saying that would be the name

Yeah, but it was never confirmed, all we know right now is that its Resistance 2.

Damstr8 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Anyway, for me 60 player multiplayer seems insane, I just hope they manage to make it that big without any lag problems, although i'm told resistance 40 player online was brilliant. I don't particually like resistance because I dont like alines or mutant, but this game looks awesome, I just hope my brother buys itD

Disruptor-for the Playstation was their first fps

and thats the only one of their games I don't own... =(

So is insomniac gonna do an alternating thing,one year,a Resistance game,Next year Ratchet,After that Resistance?...or do this until they make a new IP?

Around the Network

Insomniac seem to try and get a game out each year (gotta eat, etc. I presume) and obviously build on each title (so R&C used same engine as RFOM only updated and presumerable RFOM 2 (or whatever the title is) will also use same engine (probably with further tweaks and improvements).

As for the stated gameplay - sounds great. RFOM was (is!) very good but somehow kind of AA and a half rather than full blown AAA. I liked the alternative history but not enough of the story came through in the game IMO (compared to titbits from web site, etc) but it played well and looked good and the multiplayer battles were a hoot when you got on a good game with maxed out player count.

I'm particularly interested in the coop angle and really hope that plays out well.

Insomniac is just an amazing studio and when so many people are complaining about ps3 development so many games have been delayed on the system they are cranking out phenomenal titles every year, they seriously don't get enough props, and Sony is lucky to have them.

R2 sounds amazing It's funny its starting to sound like it is going to overshadow Killzone 2 by year end.

fooflexible said:
Insomniac is just an amazing studio and when so many people are complaining about ps3 development so many games have been delayed on the system they are cranking out phenomenal titles every year, they seriously don't get enough props, and Sony is lucky to have them.

R2 sounds amazing It's funny its starting to sound like it is going to overshadow Killzone 2 by year end.

I wouldnt underestimate killzone 2,that game has a lot of hype around it and that game will sell amazingly.

Damstr8 said:
fooflexible said:

I wouldnt underestimate killzone 2,that game has a lot of hype around it and that game will sell amazingly.

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6981

twesterm said:
Damstr8 said:
fooflexible said:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6981

well its already a guarantee that killzone will outsell lair...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732