By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sorcery shows why 'Move is better than Kinect and Wii', says Sony

I see a lot of people mentioning Wii games which are supposedly better than Sorcery. How exactly do you guys know that? Sorcery might turn out to be a horrible game, but since you haven't tried it yet (or at least base your argument on reviews of the game), you sound just as bad as (if not worse than) Upton.

Around the Network

My only complaint is that Sony should have made the Navigation Controller standard equipment for Move, not optional.
About the game, I don't know, I should try the game to tell... The game itself most probably will look casual to fans of "thicker", more hardcore action RPGs, but yeah, if they made the use of the wand more precise and challenging it could show the way for more hardcore motion control games. This said I don't expect the audience for such games to be as wide as the casual one, but it could expand the Move niche to a more comfortable and profitable size.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Move is the best motion controller on the market. It does everything the WM+ can do but can even track depth on top of that.

The problem is Sony is letting the product rot and largely go unsupported. Having the best tech doesn't mean anything if you don't do anything meaningful with it.

That's pretty typical of Sony ... there are lots of Sony products that are great ... they just get lost in the shuffle by Sony and eventually wilt away.

Millions and millions of people bought a Wii for Wii Sports. There's maybe 10 people that give a crap about Sorcery. That's Sony's problem in a nutshell. Not the product, it's knowing how to sell the product and having the proper software for it. 

BasilZero said:
"Nobody cares if its better, we just want the game"

^ This might be what almost every gamer who is anticipating this game must be thinking now.

all four of them.

Seriously, Sorcery might be a good game, but waaaay to many people expect it to be the great saviour of the PS Move. It won't be. i don't think Sony is doing themselves a favour with statements like these.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I don't know... I think it's too late.. I don't wanna get my Move out the storage.. it got a nice layer of dust which I really don't wanna ruin..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
badgenome said:
RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

Flower.

Good.

"Move is a failure", confirmed by badgenome. I think we should respect that.

It is. Motion control peaked with the Sixaxis.

Best motion control this gen.

maverick40 said:
badgenome said:
RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

Flower.

Good.

Weird, I seem to remember everyone having the lulz at 6x6 when it first arrived...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Areym said:
Bossman112 said:
wasnt it confirmed by Sony that the Move is a failure. anyways you wont see a game that tops Skyward sword

Ocarina of time. Check and mate.

Ocarina of time is overrated , Majora's Mask was the most original game back in the day, its still great to this day OoT is dated and to be honest wasnt that great.

Not this again.

So now it's not "you couldn't make a game that looks this good Xbox 360", it's "you couldn't make a game like this on Kinect or Wii"

Probably true, but you can't make a game like Dance Central for Move or Wii. And though I hope Sorcery is great and I'm looking forward to getting it myself I don't see it being a game changer for Move. I just hope with throwing out of comments like this it lives up to 75% of the hype they are trying to create for the game.

But make sure you advertise it through normal channels too.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ajescent said:
maverick40 said:
badgenome said:
RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

Flower.

Good.

Weird, I seem to remember everyone having the lulz at 6x6 when it first arrived...

On this site?? No surprise really, the hate flows heavily for sony on this site.  I have a wii with Motion + and flower was the best implementation of motion this gen! it was just perfect for the game, unliked tacked on motion controls for pretty much every game this gen besides Skyward sword.