By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sorcery shows why 'Move is better than Kinect and Wii', says Sony

CVG

According to Upton, throwing magic bolts and casting spells using the Move controller will be challenging enough to appeal to hardcore gamers without being too tough for casual ones to grasp.

"What we're trying to do with this... it's more hardcore than most motion games are," he told IndustryGamers. "Most motion games are intended to be very, very casual. They have an almost Simon Says quality to them. We wanted something that would appeal to a more hardcore audience and would have depth and complexity.

"That's attention to detail that more serious gamers are interested in. It's not, 'Oh I can just button mash my way through.' By actually mastering the system, I can feel like I'm a more powerful gamer. The fact that Move is so precise, it lets us create that very technical focused, skill-based motion control game.

"I think this title does an excellent job of showing what makes Move a better and different system than other motion controls that are out there," Upton claimed.

"It's tighter, it's cleaner, it's more precise - I don't think you could do a game like this on either Kinect or Wii. I don't think technically they'd be able to support this kind of gameplay."

On Kinect, Upton added: "As a gamer it doesn't really appeal to me that much. I like something a little meatier."

Earlier this week, Sony announced a spring 2012 release date for Sorcery.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/329956/sorcery-shows-why-move-is-better-than-kinect-and-wii-says-sony/

Around the Network

wasnt it confirmed by Sony that the Move is a failure. anyways you wont see a game that tops Skyward sword

Bossman112 said:
wasnt it confirmed by Sony that the Move is a failure. anyways you wont see a game that tops Skyward sword

Ocarina of time. Check and mate.

OT: I'm really excited for this one. It looks great, I like the new changes they made since the E3 '10 reveal
and maybe it wont go crazy in sale, but as long as it shows the full potential of the Move, it will be good enough.
Because lord knows the Move needs some movement. Hopefully this and Bioshock will do it some justice.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Bossman112 said:

OT: I'm really excited for this one. It looks great, I like the new changes they made since the E3 '10 reveal
and maybe it wont go crazy in sale, but as long as it shows the full potential of the Move, it will be good enough.
Because lord knows the Move needs some movement. Hopefully this and Bioshock will do it some justice.

i was talking about motion control games

Areym said:
Bossman112 said:

As a game, OoT being better than SS is debatable (personally I don't hold that view, though I do think WW and TP top SS) as a demonstration of Wii remote functionality, OoT is a rather poor example.

Skyward Swords failings were nothing to do with the Wii remote/WM+ technology, and more to do with stupid decisions.

Around the Network
Bossman112 said:
Areym said:
Bossman112 said:

i was talking about motion control games

Flower.

RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

Flower.

Good.

"Move is a failure", confirmed by badgenome. I think we should respect that.

It is. Motion control peaked with the Sixaxis.

I just want to play Sorcery

i dont care about it showing why Move is better than Kinect and Wii..

i just want to play the damn game!!

lol

badgenome said:
RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

Flower.

Good.

"Move is a failure", confirmed by badgenome. I think we should respect that.

It is. Motion control peaked with the Sixaxis.

I thought it peaked with the GBA

thread title seems a bit misleading imo.

i think sorcery will show why motion controls like Wii mote and move work over whatever kinect does.

come on, lets be serious. starwars kinect isn't going to make kinect any more hardcore then it already isn't.