By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 'Kid Icarus Uprising is awesome'-thread

Tagged games:

As I played a round of Dillon again, I noticed that Dillon has somewhat similar controls as Kid Icarus with respect to things that are always critized. The 3DS also has to be hold with the left hand while moving the circle-pad and at the same time using the stylus. Why all people hurt their hands while playing KI, if I heard nothing of these problems regarding Dillon? Dillon was also tested by the same magazines that tested and critized Kid Icarus? I get the feeling this is all FUD. There may be people who have problems with the controls (there always are), the dimension of this was much exaggerated in the gaming press.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Salnax said:
I personally give the game a 8/10. Considering how the 3DS still lacks a true 9/10 game in my harsh opinion, this is very good. (I'm one of those people who only gives a perfect score to a game every decade or so).

Pros:
Fun Dialogue
Precise Controls
Lots of Content
Great Air Sections
Loads of Bosses
Alright Multiplayer
Pretty Graphics
Stellar Soundtrack

Cons:
Learning Curve for the Controls
Convoluted Plot

Seriously, this game reminds me of one of those long running anime like Dragon Ball or Naruto, where you end up with completely different main antagonists depending on where you are in the game. You can even divide the game into sagas!

Spoilers!
Chapters 1-9: The Medusa Saga
Chapters 10-14: The Three-Way War Saga
Chapters 15-17: The Aurum Saga
Chapters 18-25: The Surprisingly Serious Saga

All we need is an alien with multiple forms and we'd be set. No wait, I think one of the Aurum bosses did that.

Well, fuck.  Considering I just finished Chapter 9 yesterday and thought I had beaten the game (I saw who I was up against and I went back to replay all of the levels for probably the tenth time!), that post just spoiled everything.  Couldn't turn away when I saw the word "Spoilers".

d21lewis said:

Well, fuck.  Considering I just finished Chapter 9 yesterday and thought I had beaten the game (I saw who I was up against and I went back to replay all of the levels for probably the tenth time!), that post just spoiled everything.  Couldn't turn away when I saw the word "Spoilers".

I feel your pain. It is hard to stop reading, only because the word Spoiler comes up.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

I love this game... soooooooooo many challenges.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

d21lewis said:
Salnax said:
I personally give the game a 8/10. Considering how the 3DS still lacks a true 9/10 game in my harsh opinion, this is very good. (I'm one of those people who only gives a perfect score to a game every decade or so).

Pros:
Fun Dialogue
Precise Controls
Lots of Content
Great Air Sections
Loads of Bosses
Alright Multiplayer
Pretty Graphics
Stellar Soundtrack

Cons:
Learning Curve for the Controls
Convoluted Plot

Seriously, this game reminds me of one of those long running anime like Dragon Ball or Naruto, where you end up with completely different main antagonists depending on where you are in the game. You can even divide the game into sagas!

Spoilers!
Chapters 1-9: The Medusa Saga
Chapters 10-14: The Three-Way War Saga
Chapters 15-17: The Aurum Saga
Chapters 18-25: The Surprisingly Serious Saga

All we need is an alien with multiple forms and we'd be set. No wait, I think one of the Aurum bosses did that.

Sorry about that. If it makes you feel better, there's still plenty of surprises in store. Just wait until chapter XX!

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
So for those of you who have had this since the beginning, how many hours have you put into it with Multiplayer combined?

The game statistic says: 30 hours ( sorry, I have to work, sleep and eat sometimes). 18 hours are play-time. This means I use a lot of time for fusing weapons, looking through the gathered idols, combining effects and stuff like that.

spurgeonryan said:
So for those of you who have had this since the beginning, how many hours have you put into it with Multiplayer combined?

I played one round and got destroyed.  People were blasting me with all sorts of magical stuff.  Meanwhile, I had a wimpy gun.  Even when I was shooting people whe had no idea I was there, they would still kill me in one or two shots.  Played free for all and not team deathmatch, though.

According to the Activity Log, I put in 10 hours and 44 minutes into the game, total.  And I've only finished level 9.  Told ya I replay the older levels a lot!  They're fun!

spurgeonryan said:

I've had the game for about a week. I've poured in about 22 hours so far, including half an hour of Multiplayer. My wifi is too unreliable for that sort of thing.

Love and tolerate.

spurgeonryan said:
I think whenever you need to use the stylus in 3DS games you are only using one hand. Right? So I too have no idea what the big deal is. I have not played it either though. For them to add a stand and circle pad pro option for lefties I think they accomodated pretty well! Plus any other extras.

You honestly don't NEED to use the stylus. I use the face buttons to aim and everything works out. I definitely prefer it to using the stylus.

Mnementh said:

radishhead said:

What is the stylus used for? It is for controlling the camera like in metroid prime hunters, or just for changing weapons etc. like in gta chinatown wars?

You aim with the stylus. In the land-battles you also move the camera, in the air-battles the camera is fixed.

Aiming with the stylus is great, it is fast and very accurate. Moving the camera with the stylus on the other hand is somewhat hard to learn.

You move with the circple pad I guess, but if I want to use the stylus with my left can I move with the buttons at least?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069