By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 'Kid Icarus Uprising is awesome'-thread

Tagged games:

Soma said:
Mnementh said:

radishhead said:

What is the stylus used for? It is for controlling the camera like in metroid prime hunters, or just for changing weapons etc. like in gta chinatown wars?

You aim with the stylus. In the land-battles you also move the camera, in the air-battles the camera is fixed.

Aiming with the stylus is great, it is fast and very accurate. Moving the camera with the stylus on the other hand is somewhat hard to learn.

You move with the circple pad I guess, but if I want to use the stylus with my left can I move with the buttons at least?

Yes. You can move with either the Circle Pad, Face buttons, or Circle Pad Pro, and aim with the touch screen, D-Pad, or Face Buttons, in any combination you want.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
Soma said:

You move with the circple pad I guess, but if I want to use the stylus with my left can I move with the buttons at least?

Yes. You can move with either the Circle Pad, Face buttons, or Circle Pad Pro, and aim with the touch screen, D-Pad, or Face Buttons, in any combination you want.

Ok thanks, that's ok I guess, reminds me of Prime Hunters. I didn't like very much the controls of that game with the stylus, it's been a long time but I think I ended playing with the buttons to move the camera and my thumb for quickly selecting something in the touch screen.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

radishhead said:
I'm left handed, so I'll need the CPP to play - kinda puts me off a bit :(

I'm left handed as well...

spurgeonryan said:
I do not understand? Just use your right hand. Does it matter when playing games?

Also the CPP should be fine, don't worry about it, Nintendo has made plenty of concessions to make this game work for everyone!

Yes, grabbing the stylus with the right hand is really awkward and uncomfortable, I already tried it with Prime Hunters and Star Fox DS but could never get used to it.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Can someone please explain the difference in colors of the reefs that appear over the title of a chapter after you complete it. Some of mine are yellow and some are green.

Around the Network

Yep, this game is still awesome!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Billjw said:
Can someone please explain the difference in colors of the reefs that appear over the title of a chapter after you complete it. Some of mine are yellow and some are green.

I think green ones are chapters you've completed while gold ones are chapters you've completed AND have found every treasure.

Love and tolerate.

That makes sense.  This game is impressive; I hope for a sequel but knowing Nintendo it could easily take 5-6 years for it to happen.  They take their time but they get it right.

Guys i'm serious lol. Try the face buttons to aim, don't even bother with the stylus or CPP. It's literally not that difficult. Single player is fine and i'm pretty damn good in multiplayer. I feel like people are ignoring the face button to aim option. It's MUCH more comfortable than using the stylus, and no need for the CPP.

The melee attacks in multiplayer have a pretty decent dash range (at least claws do) so you only need to face in the general direction of the opponent and you dash right towards them. I primarily use staffs, and the one I use doesn't home in AT ALL. I have to be accurate if I hope to hit anyone, and even with a high precision weapon, I prefer, and do great with the face buttons.

I might give it a try, smiley.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3