By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

super dark times (2017)

8/10

better watch out (2016)

8/10

walking out (2017)

7.5/10

@spurge 

dont know yet ive only seen 2 episodes

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I'm a hardcore DC fan and WB is dissapointing me movie by movie. I loved Wonder Woman and liked MoS, but there is still the crap of Suicide Squad and BvS. I'm not hype about Justice League but I will still see it regardless.

Anyway, I started to watch The Office and I'm liking it so far. It's highly enjoyable and actually makes me laugh.

Watched Spider-Man Homecoming and I'm not a fan if it. I do not like young Spider-Man. I prefer Spider-Man when he's an adult and well ya didn't enjoy it as much.

I watched Hidden figures recently. 8/10
I never knew the origin of the word computer, kinda confirms the reason for this movie. Well made movie, and enjoyed watching the extras right after to get the real story from the actual people.

Started watching Inhumans 5/10
Pretty graphics yet I find myself rooting for the 'bad' guys as usual. It's always the same, 'bad' guys don't want to use violence, can't kill the 'good' guys of course. 'Good' guys are a bunch of morons that grab any excuse to go full on violent to protect their asses. Am I supposed to be rooting for the upholding of an unfair segregated society?
Anyway I am not familiar with the source material, yet so far it looks like a bust.

SvennoJ said:
I watched Hidden figures recently. 8/10
I never knew the origin of the word computer, kinda confirms the reason for this movie. Well made movie, and enjoyed watching the extras right after to get the real story from the actual people.

Started watching Inhumans 5/10
Pretty graphics yet I find myself rooting for the 'bad' guys as usual. It's always the same, 'bad' guys don't want to use violence, can't kill the 'good' guys of course. 'Good' guys are a bunch of morons that grab any excuse to go full on violent to protect their asses. Am I supposed to be rooting for the upholding of an unfair segregated society?
Anyway I am not familiar with the source material, yet so far it looks like a bust.

I loved Hidden Figures and this is coming from a guy who only enjoys literature when it's fantasy or sci fi.

Orville episode 4, still occasionally cringe worthy, but also still good, time travel paradox aside.

Star Trek Discovery episode 3, continues to piss on federation values at every possible turn. Enslaving a newly discovered sentient creature, so star trek. Meanwhile the Klingons appear weaker every episode. At this point it's turning more into 'let's see how low it can go' entertainment. It has pretty lights.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:
Orville episode 4, still occasionally cringe worthy, but also still good, time travel paradox aside.

Star Trek Discovery episode 3, continues to piss on federation values at every possible turn. Enslaving a newly discovered sentient creature, so star trek. Meanwhile the Klingons appear weaker every episode. At this point it's turning more into 'let's see how low it can go' entertainment. It has pretty lights.

I watched a video recently showcasing how many times worf was overpowered.  Alot!  Only difference is that he still exuded power, despite what the writers made happen. 

Did you like or dislike the recent movies?

The first one wasn't bad as a movie. I didliked the overuse of lensflares and the new spock.
Second one got worse, bastardizing the original movies.
Third one was the worst, just a lot of dumb action scenes, on par with nemesis.

Sure Worf got overpowered, which worked in the plot as it was always a way to show how powerful the oponent was, and/or that raw strength isn't everything. In the new series there has been no sign of strength yet in the Klingons at all.

I watched Ghost in the Shell, live action version, 8.5/10

I was reluctant to watch it at first with the negative reviews. Yet apart from philosophical issues not being addressed, the movie itself is very good. They did an excellent job bringing all the iconic scenes alive with great sound design and music. It could have been so much worse.

Since this also says TV - can we all agree Avatar: The Last Airbender is the best show ever made? Yes? Good.

spurgeonryan said:
Teeqoz said:
Since this also says TV - can we all agree Avatar: The Last Airbender is the best show ever made? Yes? Good.

Best anime or just best ever?

@

Svennoj

Ah, then I may enjoy the new show as I loved the movies. 

I don't think it qualifies as anime since it's American, but I meant best ever. Period.

spurgeonryan said:

Ah, then I may enjoy the new show as I loved the movies. 

Yes, it's quite similar to the new movies, except less humor, and no likeable characters... Well the tall skinny coward alien is ok.

I watched Morgan 6/10.

Starts off interesting, devolves into standard action flick with a plot twist that's so overused now that it only harms the story. But I liked the chemistry at the start of the movie. It felt a bit like the start of a Stephen King movie with the pace of introducing the characters and setting. The Blu-ray also had the short film Loom on it. It was a free download before showcasing the capabilities of the then new 4K RED digital camera. It still looks great. Luke Scott can do great cinematography, he just needs better screenplays.