By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

I finished Narcos season 3. Not as good as the Pablo Escobar seasons, mainly because the Cali Cartel leaders just weren't very interesting. The obvious dramatization parts were also too obvious creating fake tension. It does raise some good questions about whether outside interference is justified, or worth it. 7/10

Around the Network

Ozark is pretty good so far. It started off a bit rough technically, somehow Netflix had the whole first episode encoded at half brightness making it all very dark. At the start of the second it switched back to using the full range. Netflix can be a it wonky now and then, last week I was watching Narcos with subtitles from DS9 under it... Anyway the show is interesting 8/10 for the first half.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ever buy IT. Maybe there will be a plain brown cover version :)

twin peaks (s3)

weirdest thing ever put on tv. it makes absolutely no sense until it does .. and then it doesnt.

8.5/10

baby driver (2017)

8/10

batman and harley quinn (2017)

7/10

berberian sound studio (2012)

6/10

transformers the last knight (2017)

skip

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:
Ozark is pretty good so far. It started off a bit rough technically, somehow Netflix had the whole first episode encoded at half brightness making it all very dark. At the start of the second it switched back to using the full range. Netflix can be a it wonky now and then, last week I was watching Narcos with subtitles from DS9 under it... Anyway the show is interesting 8/10 for the first half.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ever buy IT. Maybe there will be a plain brown cover version :)

Lol,  why a brown bag?

Or cute puppies, as long as there's no clown on the front!

harmonium (japan)

7.5/10

a ghost story (2017)

7.5/10

@spurge 

i did that more than once lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I just watched the first two episodes of Star Trek Disovery. As a standalone movie, unrelated to Star Trek, 6/10. As a pilot for a new Star Trek spin off 4/10. The Klingons made me zone out with their slow speech, I was ffwd during their talking sequences, easy to keep up with their giant subtitles anyway.

Positives: Sound effects from the original series were used. Amazing visuals on the outside.
Negatives: Boring story line with a lot of nonsense going on, no likeable characters so far.

I have no idea what next to expect from this, just war with the Klingons? Cue 5 years earlier? The pilot felt more like an ending than a beginning.

I've also watched the first 3 episodes of The Orville. Despite it being a spoof and quite silly at times, it's more Star Trek than Discovery so far. Plus the characters are a lot more likeable. Perhaps low budget fits a Star Trek series better. I would give The Orville a 7/10 so far.

I'm gonna play some more of the solus project. I guess I'll have to explore strange new worlds on my own.

spider man homecoming (2017)

8/10

swordsman 1 (chinese)

7.5/10

brotherhood of blades 2 (chinese)

6.5/10

Tsubasa Ozora

^ Darn you, now I want to watch TNG again after finishing DS9. I wonder if Netflix has it in HD yet over here.

war for the planet of the apes (2017)

7.5/10

wind river (2017)

7.5/10

geralds game (2017)

7.5/10

^ ive seen some ep. in HD looks pretty good.

Tsubasa Ozora

it (2017)

7.5/10

sukiyaki western django (japanese)

7/10

saw two episodes of black mirror and its damn good so far..

Tsubasa Ozora