By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
spurgeonryan said:
Need for Speed was fun on the big screen. You all need to try it! Other than svenno who has a huge screen.

Guess what I am watching yet again? The goonies and now Sherlock Holmes 2...

I rather play NFS myself instead of watch it.
My wife won't let me buy goonies, she hates it, scared her as a kid. Same with ET, gave her nightmares.

I'm on a movie break I guess, currently playing Wolfenstein, MK8, Pikmin 3, Entwined and Pixeljunk shooter ultimate. Want to buy time.
Pikmin 3 looks really fun dammit (came free with MK8)

Around the Network

^ I did the same with my pc games collection when I moved. Got all the floppies, cds and manuals out and got rid of the big odd shaped boxes. Kinda regret that now, the box art is the cool part, the original games are unplayable / easier to buy again on gog.com. A lot of quirky forgotten games aren't though.

I'm keeping my laserdisc collection, it's not that big and the records are flat. The discs themselves don't last that long (laserdisc rot) my player is dead, and I've rebought the good ones anyway. Still stuff like a japanese collection of disney cartoons would be fun to watch again, as is the old computer animation festival and mind's eye stuff I have on laserdisc.

How long does a VHS tape last?

spurgeonryan said:

My Grandma bought me E.T when it first came out on Tape. So I want to say it is 28 years old or so. It still works fine.

yeah I still got my TMNT VHS its well over 20 years old works perfectly never cleaned it they are indestructible.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

The factory recorded VHS tapes last longer I guess. My recordings started fading much sooner, and my DV tapes are full of errors. I don't have a VCR currently so I can't test the tapes we still have. Anyway seems we're not just hanging on to blank tapes :)

movie 43

sucks big time and its so wrong in so many ways but has its moments..

5/10

edit 

jennifer's body

4/10

grand piano

5/10

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

The lego movie, blu-ray 2D, 7.5/10

We just watched it again (saw it in 3D in the cinema). Much better this time, great color, distortion free, especially the live action looks miles better. Much easier to see details, sharper picture although the heavy use of depth of field was still a bit distracting now and then. Also interesting to see that even with lego, real life lego still looks a lot better than the CGI stuff. This movie in stop motion would have been awesome ... and impossible.
I don't understand why they simulate the low frame rate of stop motion though when you use cgi, some scenes have so much going on that the frame rate makes it hard to follow.

Not as good as Wreck-it-Ralph, but a worthy attempt.

The grand Budapest hotel, 9/10, awesome.

An explosion of detail in a wonderfully crafted world. Great use of aspect ratios to signify the time periods. Most of the movie is shot in 4:3 and it's all framed perfectly. The sets are masterfully crafted to fit the aspect ratio and his unique film style. Several film styles actually, model work and stop motion make their appearance as well, mostly during the cartoon style action sequences. Awesome color, great editing. All centered around a fun story with great dialogue which had me laughing out loud a bunch of times.

I need to watch it again asap, there is so much to see. Love all the characters, great cast. The extras delivered as well, from the recipe to make the pastries, to stills of the props and the complete newspaper articles, to a tour of the town with the abandoned department store that was transformed into the hotel.

I think this is his best movie yet, topping Moonrise kingdom.

^ It certainly is I still have to watch mr fox then I have watched all of his movies.

bayonetta bloody fate (animated)

typical anime action. fight talk a little bit then fight and fight with unnecessary talk and then lets do it all over again...

5/10

you're next

5/10

maniac

5/10

animal

4/10

Tsubasa Ozora

^ Ah, to be young and have time to watch every mediocre B movie hoping to find a gem :)

I watched Goodfellas again (since 2 decades ago) 8.5/10. Still a great movie, and that long shot is indeed awesome.

The blu-ray version looks pretty good, a bit faded in a few places, yet always nice and sharp. Sound is lacking however, a flat lossy dolby digital track. It's not that big a deal, the soundtrack is all old music recordings, a great selection btw, but I assume the original film had analog stereo sound (Dolby SR actually). They could have at least used a lossless encoding. Now it sounds both old and flat. ADR wasn't as good in those days either I guess, lip sync is noticeably off in a lot of scenes.

Bad grandpa is on sale this week on psn, not .5 though. Not going to spend the time on that, never found Jackass very funny.
I haven't seen the dictator yet either. Bruno was a waste of my time.