By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

@ svennoj next time ask me I would have spared you the money

a little princess

7/10

Im about to watch the cell (2000) I hated it when I watched it for the first time but something tells me its going to change...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

^ I saw the cell in the movie theater when it came out. I was both bad and pretty good, cool imagery. I didn't hate it, never watched it again either though. I would watch the cell again over immortals anyway.

Total recall (2012) 5.5/10. It would have been better without copying the original script in places. Just reminds me of how much better the original was, much better humor, better pacing, better at following it's own rules. It was still entertaining but there was too much action and too much cgi. At some point you just start tuning it out and it all starts looking the same.

^ it does look good soundtrack is also good nice tune but the story is bad and acting is not that good especially that bi** from the block but she does look sexy... also could have been much better with more mystery around consciousness and dreams..had potential but sadly failed.

5/10

djokovic vs nadal

roland garros this is going to be awesome.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I started watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix... I'm 8 episodes in and I really like it.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Coraline on 2nd place :S

Tsubasa Ozora

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
I started watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix... I'm 8 episodes in and I really like it.

Once upon a time is a bit like heroes, starts out great, then keeps changing the rules to keep going season after season until you can't stand it anymore. Enjoy the first 2 seasons.

kljesta64 said:

Good list. I ordered Paranorman and Fantastic Mr fox from that, haven't seen those yet.
I started watching Max and Mary when I had Netflix, couldn't really get into it though. Too easy to switch to something else on netflix.

SvennoJ said:
kljesta64 said:

Good list. I ordered Paranorman and Fantastic Mr fox from that, haven't seen those yet.
I started watching Max and Mary when I had Netflix, couldn't really get into it though. Too easy to switch to something else on netflix.

I watched like 20 minutes of mr fox on TV this list and the budapest hotel reminded me to watch again.

this is also a good list..

Tsubasa Ozora

^ Nice list as well. They hid the cut pretty well in the second long take in Children of men, the blood disappearing of the lens gives it away. If they had nailed it in one go it would probably have been higher up the list.
I have to watch Goodfellas again some time, I can't even remember when I saw it. Probably on VHS from a crappy rental place.

Skyfall 7.5/10 Good movie, kept me awake till the end! A lot of action is fine if you keep it varied and switch it up with some down time. Great stunt work and beautiful scenery as usual, although the bond girls were a bit lacking. And too much use of the yellow and blue filters, curse of digital masters. Very entertaining anyway, great opening sequence that sets the tone for the rest of the movie.
Plus fun take on why secret agencies are still relevant, to fight the crap they have created in the past.

^ I got into them with Star trek into darkness, the Gravity one is spot on too.

American Hustle 7/10. Starts out slow, great middle, underwhelming ending.