By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Edit: Predict how well The Dark Knight Rises will do!

Tagged games:

Will you see this movie?

Yes 25 83.33%

No 1 3.33%

On DVD 2 6.67%

On Cable 1 3.33%

I will read the review 0 0%

I will wikipedia it 0 0%

Other 0 0%

See resultz 1 3.33%

Total:30
TruckOSaurus said:
Erisian said:
I predict less takings than the previous one, franchise fatigue sets in again.

I realise it may not be a popular viewpoint but it's my honest view nonetheless.

I agree with you. There's also the fact that The Dark Knight had the whole buzz around Heath Ledger's Joker performance and his tragic death a couple months before the movie opened.

I don't think Ledger's death bring people to the theaters if so then The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus would have been a finantial succes.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Are they all Swedish movie stars?

The Hamilton actors? Yes, unless there are some english movie adaptions that I don't know about. I didn't see any on wikipedia though.

I wait to see what The Hunger Games can do this weekend before I make a prediction.

Four.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'll be the bold and say 1.4 billion.

Around the Network
Rafux said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Erisian said:
I predict less takings than the previous one, franchise fatigue sets in again.

I realise it may not be a popular viewpoint but it's my honest view nonetheless.

I agree with you. There's also the fact that The Dark Knight had the whole buzz around Heath Ledger's Joker performance and his tragic death a couple months before the movie opened.

I don't think Ledger's death bring people to the theaters if so then The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus would have been a finantial succes.

I do think the Imaginarium would have done a bit worst without Ledger's death.

The Dark Knight is another story altogether because there was all those rumours about the fact that getting in the Joker character had taken a toll on Ledger and led to his death. I'm not saying I believe this was the case but all that talk around a role so intense that it could have a self-destructing effect on the actor who portrayed it surely ignited the curiosity of many.

Signature goes here!

1.3 Billion sounds good

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I'll be bold and keep in line with my earlier comments and say 950 millions

Signature goes here!

1.1 Billion

1.15 Billion Worldwide