By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166
lestatdark said:
And people wondered why the Servers were shit on release day . I don't think even Blizzard imagined that so many people would get the game day 1.

Well obviously they had a fair idea . 1.2m as part of the WoW annual pass plus all the digital sales + pre orders topped off by shipment demand , all this coming off a game who's chest set what still  in the top ten US sales up to 2009 ,and it being franchise that once held the pc record, this along with the fact that after a 12 year wait day one demand was going to be well above average ,that coupled with past problems with online server shortage and associated problems from other games that only had MP as the online component, let alone one of this scale with an always online model should have told them.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
And people wondered why the Servers were shit on release day . I don't think even Blizzard imagined that so many people would get the game day 1.

Well obviously they had a fair idea . 1.2m as part of the WoW annual pass plus all the digital sales + pre orders topped off by shipment demand , all this coming off a game who's chest set what still  in the top ten US sales up to 2009 ,and it being franchise that once held the pc record, this along with the fact that after a 12 year wait day one demand was going to be well above average ,that coupled with past problems with online server shortage and associated problems from other games that only had MP as the online component, let alone one of this scale with an always online model should have told them.

Oh I don't disagree at all, I just think that the day one afflux was insanely high. No one was predicting those numbers, even in the most optimistic predictions. Still that doesn't excuse them for all the continuous server problems that are still around, they've had more than enough time to at least stabilize them (plus they've done a lot of server updates but we still haven't seen any effect).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

pezus said:

http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20120523005532/en/Blizzard/Diablo/Entertainment

In short:

4.7m sold first day (3.5m normal buys + 1.2m from WoW annual pass)

6.3m sold first week

Biggest PC first week ever

Second biggest overall first week ever (on a single platform)

Biggest release of the year by far (so far ;o)

It prints money

Remember the analyst whou thought that it could sell 3.5 million "this year"?

Mummelmann said:
pezus said:

http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20120523005532/en/Blizzard/Diablo/Entertainment

In short:

4.7m sold first day (3.5m normal buys + 1.2m from WoW annual pass)

6.3m sold first week

Biggest PC first week ever

Second biggest overall first week ever (on a single platform)

Biggest release of the year by far (so far ;o)

It prints money

Remember the analyst whou thought that it could sell 3.5 million "this year"?

I'd love to find that article again. Any ideas where it came from?

Signature goes here!

I finally got my first Legendary item! It's not bad, has good resistances:

Chaingmail (chest armor): 145 Armor; +72 Intelligence, +17 Resistance to All Elements, +3% Life, +48 Vitality, +15 Cold Resistance, and one socket.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/chaingmail

I do wish that Int bonus had been Dexterity instead as I'm using a Monk. I put a Square Emerald in the socket for +30 Dexterity.

I'm currently at level 43 about 3/4ths of the way through Act 2 on Nightmare.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

I haven't gotten to play the game as nearly as much as I wanted to, but I'm actually not all that impressed with it and it's almost solely due to the auction house.

I think the auction house is a fantastic idea, they just made it too good. On my character I've spent a ridiculous amount of money getting my black smith leveled and I've been breaking down item after item to get crafting materials. When I finally make an item, it's pathetic compared to what I could get for 500 gold at the auction house.

Between leveling up my black smith and breaking down magic items, I've probably spent about 15-20,000 gold (I'm still pretty low level). I spent a lot of time completely going through every dungeon making sure I get everything I possibly can. I equip magic items that increase my chance of finding magic items so I have to break down and I equip items that give me more gold. I've put a lot of time and effort into leveling my black smith.

Looking at the items he makes for me and the items I can buy out for 500-1,000, the difference is insane. All that effort was completely wasted because I can't craft or find anything near the quality I can easily buy for cheap on the auction house.

So if I have no motivation to go and find loot, what am I left with? The base gameplay isn't the most compelling thing ever and does little to hold my attention. I'm playing on normal and the game is pretty simple. I died only once because I ran into the middle of a battle with a lot of tough guys and was just being stupid. Other than, everything has been pretty easy. Even fighting the skeleton king my health barely dropped (since I had awesome items from the auction house).

So yeah, the auction house is too good or crafting is too bad. They can't really put a lot of control on the auction house because that would defeat the purpose of the player run action house. They can't make crafting suddenly better because then that would drive auction house prices even lower.

-edit-

Oh, and not being able to play my single player game because of server maintenance sucks.  Guess I'll be able to play tomorrow.

twesterm said:

I haven't gotten to play the game as nearly as much as I wanted to, but I'm actually not all that impressed with it and it's almost solely due to the auction house.

I think the auction house is a fantastic idea, they just made it too good. On my character I've spent a ridiculous amount of money getting my black smith leveled and I've been breaking down item after item to get crafting materials. When I finally make an item, it's pathetic compared to what I could get for 500 gold at the auction house.

Between leveling up my black smith and breaking down magic items, I've probably spent about 15-20,000 gold (I'm still pretty low level). I spent a lot of time completely going through every dungeon making sure I get everything I possibly can. I equip magic items that increase my chance of finding magic items so I have to break down and I equip items that give me more gold. I've put a lot of time and effort into leveling my black smith.

Looking at the items he makes for me and the items I can buy out for 500-1,000, the difference is insane. All that effort was completely wasted because I can't craft or find anything near the quality I can easily buy for cheap on the auction house.

So if I have no motivation to go and find loot, what am I left with? The base gameplay isn't the most compelling thing ever and does little to hold my attention. I'm playing on normal and the game is pretty simple. I died only once because I ran into the middle of a battle with a lot of tough guys and was just being stupid. Other than, everything has been pretty easy. Even fighting the skeleton king my health barely dropped (since I had awesome items from the auction house).

So yeah, the auction house is too good or crafting is too bad. They can't really put a lot of control on the auction house because that would defeat the purpose of the player run action house. They can't make crafting suddenly better because then that would drive auction house prices even lower.

-edit-

Oh, and not being able to play my single player game because of server maintenance sucks.  Guess I'll be able to play tomorrow.

The coming patch is supposed to adjust Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting making them less expensive.

I've personally avoided the Auction House since the game launched precisely because I like to get my own items (either by crafting or a drop from a monster). Buying high end gear for cheap doesn't appeal to me at all (at least for my first character).

About the gameplay, from what I gather you're still in Act I so it's normal that the gameplay seems simple, once all the skills slots are open the strategic aspect of the game is greatly improved. It gets even better once you get to Nightmare and you have to reconfigure your skills/runes/gear to adjust to much stronger Champions and Uniques.

Signature goes here!

twesterm said:

-edit-

I recently crafted 2 items on hell difficulty> One shoudl sell for about 500-600k the other damn enar a million given how awesome the weapon stats actually are, with no shitty stats wasted. That's jsut at the maximum Hell level, not even inferno. It costs about 600k to upgrade the blacksmith to level 10. So he has already made his money back.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

For me it is a solid 7.5

The graphics do not resemble at all the atmosphere of the game. And even though the environments may look cool, the characters look like hell, even when they are talking, they do not open their mouth.

The story is epic, but has many holes and inconsistencies.

Gameplay is fun just like Diablo II and 1 were.

If this game was released by 2003 - 2004 I could give it a 9.5/10.

This game is not worth the 12 years of developing.

Beat Hell this week end on my Wizard.

I had a lot of issues on Nightmare Diablo and the start of Hell until I changed my gear set up but since then the game has been a lot easier.

I got my first legendary shortly after beating Hell ( some lvl 47 Monk fists not worth much( only like 50 pages of it listed on the AH) but I guess decent for twinking).

Right now I am trying to get the components to craft a staff of herding...

Right now with passive and weapon enchant my wizard sits at 29k hp, 8.5k dps and 45% or so on most resist and DR ( I'm using a shield, I could boost dps by 1.5k by using a source but then my resists would drop a lot). Resists will get higher as I am using Ice armor + chill rune and will switch to energy armor + prismatic or force rune on inferno ( hoping my hp is high enough that I can use prismatic over force).

I have not tried inferno yet, I'm waiting to gear up a little before that ( I need higher dps), my gear is pretty subpar right now , I've bought a few pieces on the AH but nothing level 60 or expensive ( haven't spent more than 50k on any item and haven't even tried to upgrade every slot, my weapon is a 447 dps legendary sever I got on the AH for 50k).

The only thing that worries me is having to go Blizzard over Arcane orb as I love Arcane Orb + celestial orb rune but I will see, and use what works best...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !