By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166
lestatdark said:
Ail said:
lestatdark said:

As the game stands now, I strongly suggest anyone that wants to roll a Barbarian or Monk for Inferno and doesn't want to use the AH to gear up, to roll a Demon Hunter and use a glass cannon build to farm Act II Inferno for Barbarian gear (Maghda runs are easy, fast, and give tons of loot).

Thanks to that, I've managed to grab a pretty decent Barb gear, that has put my armor in the 10K mark (with War Cry at 40%), resists at 450 (all resist is probably one of the most important mods for gear in a melee class), 18.5K DPS (with Battle Cry at 30%) and a pretty darn fast attack speed (with 5 stacks of frenzy it goes up to 2.85). My only lacking stat is HP, at 36K, but that can be compensated with higher quality gems.

Also, if anyone is finding the self heal of a Barb insufficient, your best approach to it is to get as much Life on Hit and HP regen as possible. I myself got over 250 LoH and 600 HP regen, and given that at max Frenzy I can hit for almost 3 times per second, my life regen is almost 1.4K per second, which coupled with Revenge, means I can stand in mid mobs on Act I and my health barely dents.

All this was tried with a party of 3, so I think this build will fare even better solo (because of much weaker enemies).

Disclaimer - I did have to use the AH once for my Barb (heck, this has happened for all my three main characters), because after Normal, I can't get a single rare ring to drop, even with 190% MF and 5 stacks of NV and days and days of loot runs on Inferno. Heck, I still have level 25 rings on my characters >_>. Don't know what's up with that. 

Mmm Maybe I should try Mahga's run.

Right now I clear Vault of the Assassin ( ~ 10 elite packs) and then go kill Zoltan Kulle. I actually get most of my drops from the elites and the patch is going to improve that even more..

Where exactly you get your NNV buffs if you run Magha ? 

Usually I get 3 to 4 stacks from the random vault level that pops up in the Dalhgur Oasis and the last stack in Alcarnus (I usually get two elite/champion packs there). 

I go into the vault, TP, Waypoint to Alcarnus, kill everything in a straight line till Maghda and kill her. My fastest run was 20 minutes.

Don't you get Champion Demons that are summoned by some of the Cultists in Alcarnus? They provide NV, right?

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Ail said:
lestatdark said:

As the game stands now, I strongly suggest anyone that wants to roll a Barbarian or Monk for Inferno and doesn't want to use the AH to gear up, to roll a Demon Hunter and use a glass cannon build to farm Act II Inferno for Barbarian gear (Maghda runs are easy, fast, and give tons of loot).

Thanks to that, I've managed to grab a pretty decent Barb gear, that has put my armor in the 10K mark (with War Cry at 40%), resists at 450 (all resist is probably one of the most important mods for gear in a melee class), 18.5K DPS (with Battle Cry at 30%) and a pretty darn fast attack speed (with 5 stacks of frenzy it goes up to 2.85). My only lacking stat is HP, at 36K, but that can be compensated with higher quality gems.

Also, if anyone is finding the self heal of a Barb insufficient, your best approach to it is to get as much Life on Hit and HP regen as possible. I myself got over 250 LoH and 600 HP regen, and given that at max Frenzy I can hit for almost 3 times per second, my life regen is almost 1.4K per second, which coupled with Revenge, means I can stand in mid mobs on Act I and my health barely dents.

All this was tried with a party of 3, so I think this build will fare even better solo (because of much weaker enemies).

Disclaimer - I did have to use the AH once for my Barb (heck, this has happened for all my three main characters), because after Normal, I can't get a single rare ring to drop, even with 190% MF and 5 stacks of NV and days and days of loot runs on Inferno. Heck, I still have level 25 rings on my characters >_>. Don't know what's up with that. 

Right now I clear Vault of the Assassin ( ~ 10 elite packs) and then go kill Zoltan Kulle. I actually get most of my drops from the elites and the patch is going to improve that even more..

Usually I get 3 to 4 stacks from the random vault level that pops up in the Dalhgur Oasis and the last stack in Alcarnus (I usually get two elite/champion packs there). 

I go into the vault, TP, Waypoint to Alcarnus, kill everything in a straight line till Maghda and kill her. My fastest run was 20 minutes.

Don't you get Champion Demones that are summoned by some of the Cultists in Alcarnus? They provide NV, right?

Got some of those, but they're pretty rare. Usually I get a lot of cultist summoners or those transformed cultists (which are a pain for a DH because they can insta-gib rush you).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Ail said:
lestatdark said:

My run takes 1h, more if I have to clear the whole desolate sands before finding Vault of the Assassin.

Still it's not so bad as once I have 5 stacks of NV most elite packs drop two rares( I have 50 ish MF to add to the NV buff) so I pull like 15 rares in 1 hour...

PS : you can't mean Dalghur Oasis, if you have that waypoint you should be past Maghda's quest already or is she still alive if you start at a later quest ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

twesterm said:

I haven't gotten to play the game as nearly as much as I wanted to, but I'm actually not all that impressed with it and it's almost solely due to the auction house.

I think the auction house is a fantastic idea, they just made it too good. On my character I've spent a ridiculous amount of money getting my black smith leveled and I've been breaking down item after item to get crafting materials. When I finally make an item, it's pathetic compared to what I could get for 500 gold at the auction house.

Between leveling up my black smith and breaking down magic items, I've probably spent about 15-20,000 gold (I'm still pretty low level). I spent a lot of time completely going through every dungeon making sure I get everything I possibly can. I equip magic items that increase my chance of finding magic items so I have to break down and I equip items that give me more gold. I've put a lot of time and effort into leveling my black smith.

Looking at the items he makes for me and the items I can buy out for 500-1,000, the difference is insane. All that effort was completely wasted because I can't craft or find anything near the quality I can easily buy for cheap on the auction house.

So if I have no motivation to go and find loot, what am I left with? The base gameplay isn't the most compelling thing ever and does little to hold my attention. I'm playing on normal and the game is pretty simple. I died only once because I ran into the middle of a battle with a lot of tough guys and was just being stupid. Other than, everything has been pretty easy. Even fighting the skeleton king my health barely dropped (since I had awesome items from the auction house).

So yeah, the auction house is too good or crafting is too bad. They can't really put a lot of control on the auction house because that would defeat the purpose of the player run action house. They can't make crafting suddenly better because then that would drive auction house prices even lower.

-edit-

Oh, and not being able to play my single player game because of server maintenance sucks.  Guess I'll be able to play tomorrow.

Sadly i agree with you

On normal difficulty the game is a real dissapointment. And while it probably will get better on hell/inferno...ive already wasted a good 10 - 20 hours. Diablo 2 was fairly easy on normal as well...but for some reason felt much more compelling through out.

A big let down imo....

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Ail said:
lestatdark said:
Ail said:
lestatdark said:

My run takes 1h, more if I have to clear the whole desolate sands before finding Vault of the Assassin.

Still it's not so bad as once I have 5 stacks of NV most elite packs drop two rares( I have 50 ish MF to add to the NV buff) so I pull like 15 rares in 1 hour...

PS : you can't mean Dalghur Oasis, if you have that waypoint you should be past Maghda's quest already or is she still alive if you start at a later quest ?

Rofl, my bad!. I meant the desert area before the outpost midpoint through Alcarnus. There's always a random vault there that I use to farm for elites, since a lot of them appear near the starting area. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I'm officially in love with my current Barb build .

Got to Act II Inferno and what do you know? I can tank . And quite nicely I must say. The mosquitoes attacks only deal 3K (in comparison to 18K a piece on my DH ) and even on mobs I can just sit and soak damage with Revenge.

I'm still relatively low on HP, for a barb (36K), but my damage mitigation is through the roof. Got 9K armor (lost about 1K when I switched the War Cry rune for extra resists) and an average of 675 all resists, which gives me an total damage mitigation of 94% .

Also, my current DPS still holds up to mobs HP due to my very fast attack speed, so I think I might be able to get Act II done with my Barb and use it as a farm tool in Act III for gear to give to the rest of my chars .

Edit - Managed to bring my HP up to 51K while only lowering my DPS by 1K, which is a good tradeoff. I'm still veering for the 60K mark (with my current set up, that'll make me virtually invincible to anything but the most abusive elite mob modifiers)

Current PC Build

Diablo III's massive patch 1.0.3 is ready to hit!

Here are the notes: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1253-patch-103-official-patch-notes/

There are some pretty damn good changes, but some others that are worrying (Siegebreaker gaining Reflect Damage? DAFUQ Blizz?).

Current PC Build

I think I'm going to love the new patch with one exception.
No more legendary of destructables... I got my last 3 legendaries off destructables..........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
I think I'm going to love the new patch with one exception.
No more legendary of destructables... I got my last 3 legendaries off destructables..........

I've been the other way around, I've gotten 4 legendaries of Elites, and with the new extra guaranteed Rare slot with 5 NV stacks, I think legendaries will be a more common occurance (with MF gear switch).

Current PC Build