By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166
lestatdark said:
smbu2000 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm in Act IV Nightmare now and I already don't use my Legendary weapon anymore.

What are the abilities you currently use?

I use Serenity (Reap What Is Sown), Breath of Heaven (Blazin Wrath), Seven-Sided Strike (Sustained Attack), Mantra of Conviction (Overawe), Fists of Thunder (Static Charge) and Sweeping Wind (Fire Storm) with Transcendence, Beacon of Ytar and One With Everything as Passive.

I was switching around my abilities a lot, pretty much everytime I levelled up, just so I could try new things out. I don't remember what I was using last.

Oh, I finally managed to login again! Freaking Blizzard, it's been about a week now!

I finally managed to look at my yellow rare weapon again (lvl 46 monk) and it's ok. Fist Stink (fist weapon): 149.5 dps, stats are +26-73 damage, +93 dex, Increase atk speed 13%, critical hit dmg +20%, 2.20% dmg converted to life, +22 exp monster kills. The Dex boost is nice for my monk!

This is probably the best mod possible for both Barbs and Monk weapons, especially once you start hitting the high DPS ones (700+). I used to carry a Cbow with that mod, but since DHs on Inferno are pretty much glass cannons, I focused only on attack focused mods. 

Act I with DH in Inferno was really easy compared to the struggle I'm having with my Barbarian at the moment. I suppose Act II gets a LOT worse though...

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
smbu2000 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm in Act IV Nightmare now and I already don't use my Legendary weapon anymore.

I use Serenity (Reap What Is Sown), Breath of Heaven (Blazin Wrath), Seven-Sided Strike (Sustained Attack), Mantra of Conviction (Overawe), Fists of Thunder (Static Charge) and Sweeping Wind (Fire Storm) with Transcendence, Beacon of Ytar and One With Everything as Passive.

I was switching around my abilities a lot, pretty much everytime I levelled up, just so I could try new things out. I don't remember what I was using last.

Oh, I finally managed to login again! Freaking Blizzard, it's been about a week now!

I finally managed to look at my yellow rare weapon again (lvl 46 monk) and it's ok. Fist Stink (fist weapon): 149.5 dps, stats are +26-73 damage, +93 dex, Increase atk speed 13%, critical hit dmg +20%, 2.20% dmg converted to life, +22 exp monster kills. The Dex boost is nice for my monk!

This is probably the best mod possible for both Barbs and Monk weapons, especially once you start hitting the high DPS ones (700+). I used to carry a Cbow with that mod, but since DHs on Inferno are pretty much glass cannons, I focused only on attack focused mods. 

Act I with DH in Inferno was really easy compared to the struggle I'm having with my Barbarian at the moment. I suppose Act II gets a LOT worse though...

Nothing can prepare you to the difficulty spike of Act II, trust me. I'm prepping my WD for a much smoother run in Inferno (currently at 320+ resists and 2.7K armor), but still, Act II is pretty bad.

It also doesn't help that the starting battles in the act are ambushes by Lacuni and flies that do 25 - 50K damage per hit . And these are just regular mobs. Don't even get me started on Extra Health mobs, 2.2M enemies? Really? >_>.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Also, I've got to say, a proper geared WD is a monster.

I'm currently with 30K HP, 20K DPS and 320+ resists. With a max buffed Soul Harvest, I can crit for over 70K damage with Zombie Bears and Spirit Barrage (my weapon gives a 11% damage buff to Spirit Barrage). It destroys everything and his survivability is through the roof with Spirit Walk and Spirit Vessel passive.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
smbu2000 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Nothing can prepare you to the difficulty spike of Act II, trust me. I'm prepping my WD for a much smoother run in Inferno (currently at 320+ resists and 2.7K armor), but still, Act II is pretty bad.

It also doesn't help that the starting battles in the act are ambushes by Lacuni and flies that do 25 - 50K damage per hit . And these are just regular mobs. Don't even get me started on Extra Health mobs, 2.2M enemies? Really? >_>.

@bolded  I have 500+ buffed resists and still fire and poison drain life at about 6k per second (I have 32k life and it takes about 5 seconds to completely drain) and 1 pass of the laser things wipes about 10k life.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Just beat Maghda on Inferno with my DH, he's holding up surprisingly well with poor armor and resists. I've managed to beat all the Elite and Boss packs I've met except one (invu minions means no-go for me) and found some decent gear already (one-handed weapons with well over 700 DPS plus affixes and some other things).
I can only imagine how epic the loot in Act IV on Inferno must be...

Around the Network

Anyone have a Barb in Inferno? I'm beginning to think it's not possible solo. I soloed Diablo in Hell and didn't even use a potion. I've got my resistances up to 600 buffed and still can't take any kind of fire or poison pools or the laser things. They immobilize me in a pool of magma for a few seconds and wail on me I'm down to 10% life. I think I'll build a DH.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

mitlar37 said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
smbu2000 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

@bolded  I have 500+ buffed resists and still fire and poison drain life at about 6k per second (I have 32k life and it takes about 5 seconds to completely drain) and 1 pass of the laser things wipes about 10k life.

500 is pretty nice, i'm hitting the 390 - 440 mark with my Witch Doctor, while also having 32K life and 2.9K armor and Act I Inferno is being a walk in the park. I just met a Plagued Extra Health Fast Invu Minions Scavenger pack on the Scavenger den, which completely destroys my DH and took them down with relative ease with my WD.

Also helps that I have 21K DPS on him .

Current PC Build

mitlar37 said:
Anyone have a Barb in Inferno? I'm beginning to think it's not possible solo. I soloed Diablo in Hell and didn't even use a potion. I've got my resistances up to 600 buffed and still can't take any kind of fire or poison pools or the laser things. They immobilize me in a pool of magma for a few seconds and wail on me I'm down to 10% life. I think I'll build a DH.

I have one. Lots of DPS but poor armor and resistance. Act I has been a lot harder so far than it was with the Demon Hunter. Considering going 1-hand and shield for Inferno, I found a decent axe with about 700 DPS and some nice affixes on Act II Inferno and shield are getting cheaper on the AH by the day. The extra armor, health and resistance could work wonders and I'd still have decent damage as well.

Mummelmann said:
mitlar37 said:

I have one. Lots of DPS but poor armor and resistance. Act I has been a lot harder so far than it was with the Demon Hunter. Considering going 1-hand and shield for Inferno, I found a decent axe with about 700 DPS and some nice affixes on Act II Inferno and shield are getting cheaper on the AH by the day. The extra armor, health and resistance could work wonders and I'd still have decent damage as well.

700 DPS 1H should easily put you near the 20K DPS mark (providing you have at least 1.4K Str and close to 1.50 attacks per second), and that's more than enough for any class to solo Act I and Act II. With the Barb buffs, that mark can be hugely increased for boss battles as well (something that the WD trully lacks, as his buff is only worthwhile when there's a lot of enemies around).

Current PC Build

I just sold my Scarbringer on the Auction House. The in game sell value would have been 968 gold. I checked out what price people were asking for it and realized mine had rolled some pretty nice stats compared to others. I went with a starting bid of 20,000 with 50,000 buy out and in a couple hours someone had already paid 50,000 for it.

I'm not sure if I should have asked for more but I'm really happy with what I got and it's much better than what I would have gotten from an in-game merchant.

Signature goes here!