By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166
vlad321 said:
twesterm said:

I haven't gotten to play the game as nearly as much as I wanted to, but I'm actually not all that impressed with it and it's almost solely due to the auction house.

I think the auction house is a fantastic idea, they just made it too good. On my character I've spent a ridiculous amount of money getting my black smith leveled and I've been breaking down item after item to get crafting materials. When I finally make an item, it's pathetic compared to what I could get for 500 gold at the auction house.

Between leveling up my black smith and breaking down magic items, I've probably spent about 15-20,000 gold (I'm still pretty low level). I spent a lot of time completely going through every dungeon making sure I get everything I possibly can. I equip magic items that increase my chance of finding magic items so I have to break down and I equip items that give me more gold. I've put a lot of time and effort into leveling my black smith.

Looking at the items he makes for me and the items I can buy out for 500-1,000, the difference is insane. All that effort was completely wasted because I can't craft or find anything near the quality I can easily buy for cheap on the auction house.

So if I have no motivation to go and find loot, what am I left with? The base gameplay isn't the most compelling thing ever and does little to hold my attention. I'm playing on normal and the game is pretty simple. I died only once because I ran into the middle of a battle with a lot of tough guys and was just being stupid. Other than, everything has been pretty easy. Even fighting the skeleton king my health barely dropped (since I had awesome items from the auction house).

So yeah, the auction house is too good or crafting is too bad. They can't really put a lot of control on the auction house because that would defeat the purpose of the player run action house. They can't make crafting suddenly better because then that would drive auction house prices even lower.

-edit-

Oh, and not being able to play my single player game because of server maintenance sucks.  Guess I'll be able to play tomorrow.

I recently crafted 2 items on hell difficulty> One shoudl sell for about 500-600k the other damn enar a million given how awesome the weapon stats actually are, with no shitty stats wasted. That's jsut at the maximum Hell level, not even inferno. It costs about 600k to upgrade the blacksmith to level 10. So he has already made his money back.

It may work end game, but for beginning of the game it takes away almost all motivation for me to play.  I know somebody has to get those items they're selling on the AH.  It's just me, the beginner, feels like I have no way to craft those items and no way I'll ever actually find those items.

I think the auction house is a fantastic idea, they just did an awful job of implementing it.  It seems the only people that will ever be able to sell anything on it are the people that have already completed the game once.  That sucks.

Around the Network

While my first legendary item really sucked (got it in Act IV normal), I just got my second one and this time it's really Legen-wait-for-it.... dary!

I'm a Level 41 Monk and I was lucky enough to get http://d3db.com/item/i/scarbringer. I'll be able to replace one of my weapon with it. It rolled some pretty nice stats, my favorite being 1.13 Spirit Regen and a socket.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
While my first legendary item really sucked (got it in Act IV normal), I just got my second one and this time it's really Legen-wait-for-it.... dary!

I'm a Level 41 Monk and I was lucky enough to get http://d3db.com/item/i/scarbringer. I'll be able to replace one of my weapon with it. It rolled some pretty nice stats, my favorite being 1.13 Spirit Regen and a socket.

The mods are nice, but the DPS is pretty low-ish for a level 38 weapon. Even if you socket it with a Perfect Star Ruby, the best you can hope for is 120 or so DPS.

I also got a monk legendary fist weapon, but it's even lower in level than yours: http://d3db.com/item/i/fleshrake

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The mods are nice, but the DPS is pretty low-ish for a level 38 weapon. Even if you socket it with a Perfect Star Ruby, the best you can hope for is 120 or so DPS.

Well since I refuse to use the Auction House, it's actually much better than any other weapon I currently have (even before adding a gem)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Well since I refuse to use the Auction House, it's actually much better than any other weapon I currently have (even before adding a gem)

I only use the AH to sell stuff ;). Once you get to Inferno, you start getting good gear to sell and your gold increases a lot too XD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Yeah, the weapon isn't that bad, but the dps is kind of low. I'm only a level 45/46?(I forgot since I can't play the game) monk and my weapon does about 150dps. It's alright, the bonuses are good, but it would've been better if it had a socket.

Of course, I haven't been able to play the game since the new patch. The game updates and when I click the "play" button, it just stays at "Launching" and doesn't do anything else. Damn, you Blizzard, I'm really losing the desire to play this game, if I could actually play it. (and I loved D1 and D2!) I was only in Nightmare Act 3...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Yeah, the weapon isn't that bad, but the dps is kind of low. I'm only a level 45/46?(I forgot since I can't play the game) monk and my weapon does about 150dps. It's alright, the bonuses are good, but it would've been better if it had a socket.

Of course, I haven't been able to play the game since the new patch. The game updates and when I click the "play" button, it just stays at "Launching" and doesn't do anything else. Damn, you Blizzard, I'm really losing the desire to play this game, if I could actually play it. (and I loved D1 and D2!) I was only in Nightmare Act 3...

I'm in Act IV Nightmare now and I already don't use my Legendary weapon anymore.

What are the abilities you currently use?

I use Serenity (Reap What Is Sown), Breath of Heaven (Blazin Wrath), Seven-Sided Strike (Sustained Attack), Mantra of Conviction (Overawe), Fists of Thunder (Static Charge) and Sweeping Wind (Fire Storm) with Transcendence, Beacon of Ytar and One With Everything as Passive.

Signature goes here!

I've been lucky and have had no issues whatsoever. Just soloed Diablo in Hell with my Barb. 33k life buffed crits over 25k. Inferno is easy to kill mobs but regular mobs can kill you quick. More than 1 elite is impossible for me - 1 is barely doable. Love this game. Finally found a decent Legendary glove in act 3 Hell (dropped off a regular mob) and was on the AH for less than 10 minutes before it sold for 1 million gold.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

TruckOSaurus said:

I'm in Act IV Nightmare now and I already don't use my Legendary weapon anymore.

I use Serenity (Reap What Is Sown), Breath of Heaven (Blazin Wrath), Seven-Sided Strike (Sustained Attack), Mantra of Conviction (Overawe), Fists of Thunder (Static Charge) and Sweeping Wind (Fire Storm) with Transcendence, Beacon of Ytar and One With Everything as Passive.

I was switching around my abilities a lot, pretty much everytime I levelled up, just so I could try new things out. I don't remember what I was using last.

Oh, I finally managed to login again! Freaking Blizzard, it's been about a week now!

I finally managed to look at my yellow rare weapon again (lvl 46 monk) and it's ok. Fist Stink (fist weapon): 149.5 dps, stats are +26-73 damage, +93 dex, Increase atk speed 13%, critical hit dmg +20%, 2.20% dmg converted to life, +22 exp monster kills. The Dex boost is nice for my monk!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I was switching around my abilities a lot, pretty much everytime I levelled up, just so I could try new things out. I don't remember what I was using last.

Oh, I finally managed to login again! Freaking Blizzard, it's been about a week now!

I finally managed to look at my yellow rare weapon again (lvl 46 monk) and it's ok. Fist Stink (fist weapon): 149.5 dps, stats are +26-73 damage, +93 dex, Increase atk speed 13%, critical hit dmg +20%, 2.20% dmg converted to life, +22 exp monster kills. The Dex boost is nice for my monk!

This is probably the best mod possible for both Barbs and Monk weapons, especially once you start hitting the high DPS ones (700+). I used to carry a Cbow with that mod, but since DHs on Inferno are pretty much glass cannons, I focused only on attack focused mods. 

Current PC Build