By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166
vlad321 said:
lestatdark said:
vlad321 said:
lestatdark said:
vlad321 said:

You obviously didn't play the assassin or the druid.

Now, it isn't fair the compare a game that has only been around for 3 weeks and no major updates so far to another one's expansion and that already had 9 full fledged patches as well.

Diablo II's initial experience was also full of flaws on the online component, which was not as visible because of both a smaller launch (compared to D3) and the fact that most people back then didn't have a proper internet to handle an online experience such as D2 (remember how much pain the Lagomancers caused). Plus, while the SP experience was far superior to DIII's (which isn't hard to do), it too had some major flaws as well. 

Not defending DIII, because they've done a lot of things bad on DIII that have no defense whatsover, but these kind of comparisons have to be made on equal grounds.

I am not looking at the flaws that will be fixed with time. I am looking at the more core gameplay. There was a certain satisfactoin in mowing through 3 screens' worth of enemies, even if you only found junk, over killing half a screen, spend the next 2 mins killing something with a colored name, find a bunch of "useful" things which turned out not to be good to beign with. The pacing is the problem with this game.

Hmmm, I really didn't have that feeling early on in Diablo 2. Remember that it was not until patch 1.05 that they upped item quantity a lot (mostly affixes), so most of your time was really just filled with mowing down mobs for nothing (which was goddamn awful on Act IV if you were a melee class....Doom Knight *shudders*). And let's not forget that D2 LOD more than doubled the item quantities as well, given that there was no Elite tier inventory, charms and whatnot. 

I don't have many problems with the pacing of D3 up until Inferno. While it's much easier than D2 (well, at least if you didn't play D2 online, in which case, it was also easy as D3), I still find a lot of satisfaction going up agaisnt a group of mobs to see what lot they drop.

You know, I haven't played D2 in so long I completely forgot the fact that charms existed. And now I have something else to not like about D3.

I know that feeling too . An All Resist charm would be amazing for Inferno on D3 XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

With the size of the inventory in DIII, charms could easily turn your character overpowered. I don't personally miss charms, I do miss DII runes and runewords though and set items actually dropping.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
With the size of the inventory in DIII, charms could easily turn your character overpowered. I don't personally miss charms, I do miss DII runes and runewords though and set items actually dropping.

Trust me, it's impossible to be overpowered on Inferno, even if you have the best gear possible. That's because they created that mode too difficult even for their own measure (they've admitted it on recent interviews and Inferno is going to be tweaked down in future updates). 

Plus, on D2 Charms already made you OP, once you had the right amount of Small charms. I mean, a shit ton of Shimmering Small Charm of Craftsmanship could easily push your melee to over 10K damage while having max resists even on Hell.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Trust me, it's impossible to be overpowered on Inferno, even if you have the best gear possible. That's because they created that mode too difficult even for their own measure (they've admitted it on recent interviews and Inferno is going to be tweaked down in future updates). 

Plus, on D2 Charms already made you OP, once you had the right amount of Small charms. I mean, a shit ton of Shimmering Small Charm of Craftsmanship could easily push your melee to over 10K damage while having max resists even on Hell.

That's why I don't miss charms. It's good to know that by the time I make it to Inferno it's going to be less insane, I'm in Hell with my Monk and having a tough time in Act I. I've went back to Act IV Nightmare to level up and get better gear.

Signature goes here!

lestatdark said:
vlad321 said:

You know, I haven't played D2 in so long I completely forgot the fact that charms existed. And now I have something else to not like about D3.

I know that feeling too . An All Resist charm would be amazing for Inferno on D3 XD.

Let's face it. D3 isnt really set up as for an Expansion like D2 and Baal was. In fact, D3 seems pretty finalizing in its story.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
lestatdark said:
vlad321 said:

Let's face it. D3 isnt really set up as for an Expansion like D2 and Baal was. In fact, D3 seems pretty finalizing in its story.

SPOILERS:

Adria is still alive and there's a little bit of Diablo that doesn't dissintegrate before falling from the heavens. Also do you really believe Blizzard won't release an expansion for DIII? It's a given, like the sun rising in the east, Blizzard releases expansions for its games.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
vlad321 said:
lestatdark said:
vlad321 said:

SPOILERS:

Adria is still alive and there's a little bit of Diablo that doesn't dissintegrate before falling from the heavens. Also do you really believe Blizzard won't release an expansion for DIII? It's a given, like the sun rising in the east, Blizzard releases expansions for its games.

I was thinking about her as well, but that bit you mentioned is just the soulstone. So at best you go and find it again and take it to the hellforge. Maybe kill adria on the way.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
vlad321 said:
lestatdark said:
vlad321 said:

SPOILERS:

I was thinking about her as well, but that bit you mentioned is just the soulstone. So at best you go and find it again and take it to the hellforge. Maybe kill adria on the way.

Actually, there's also a couple of unfinished side stories left. Dirgest is one of them (if you follow the jewelcraft stories carefully). Lilith and Inarius, while not explicit on the game, is a major story that has not been finalized too, but it's heavily hinted canonically as well and I bet that it will be the focus of a major expansion (a la LOD).

Current PC Build

I wouldn't actually be surprised if you got to fight some angels in the expansion.
Imperius is pretty mad and could easily turn in the expansion...

Anyway I already have my wish list for the expansion :
- 1 more active skill shortcut
- 1 extra passive
- real runes...

The way the game is set up extra levels and new skills won't be that great, to be more powerfull they have to let us use more skills at the same time..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:

I wouldn't actually be surprised if you got to fight some angels in the expansion.
Imperius is pretty mad and could easily turn in the expansion...

Anyway I already have my wish list for the expansion :
- 1 more active skill shortcut
- 1 extra passive
- real runes...

The way the game is set up extra levels and new skills won't be that great, to be more powerfull they have to let us use more skills at the same time..

I approuve! One more slot would make a world of difference! New skills would be nice too, of course we'll also get two new classes.

Signature goes here!