By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ninja gaiden 3. Ign review. 3/10!!!

I'm going to have to play this to see if it really is this bad. The first 1 is one of my favorite games ever. The second one is pretty good.

-I doubt it's this bad though. It's gotten an 8 and a 7 from two other sites.
All the descriptions are terribly dissapointing if they're not exhaggerated like a lot of things regarding the gameplay.

Around the Network

Anyone really surprised it's rubbish? I'm surprised it's THIS bad, but it was always looking pretty poor.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I would take this with a grain of salt. IGN gave I Am Alive 4.5, but I'm a few hours in, and that game is nowhere near a 4.5 game. It's at least a 7.

pezus said:
Wow...that's bad. 3/10 from IGN means 2/10 in the real world

Didn't they give Im Alive a low score too?LOL

On the other side they give every Call of Duty > The game series with the lowest possible quality on earth a 1322874/10 every time.
They are just mad this game isn't full of bald space marines - NG3 is the best Ninja Gaiden ever.Have seen it on twitch.tv
Looks great

A 3.0? Ha.

I've never played the game before, but obviously after they gave <insert game name>  a score of _/10, any future review must be invalid - unless it benefits me to agree with it.

Around the Network

It doesn't look like 3/10 game from the video review. All his complaints didn't compute with was what was shown in the video. But if true it kind of feel to me like the end of a series right there. It's not popular enough to come back from such a blow.
Ninja Gaiden 3 scored a 36/40 on Famitsu (Ninja Gaiden 2 did 34/40). I know it's Famitsu but that's the only other review we have yet.

IGN - Ninja Gaiden 3 is a gash on the face of the franchise and one of the worst games the action genre has yet suffered. It has no consideration for its fans’ wants or what a new audience may have enjoyed. It’s a nightmare that’s as easy as it is uninteresting, and it abandons what used to work for awful new ideas that don’t work together.

Its pretty much what i thought as i saw the interviews.

The new team thought that Itagaki didnt know what he was doing and went off to create something that no one cares about. Ignoring fan wishes and failing to appeal at new gamers by just delivering the average in the genre.

I dont care about the Story, but the presentation and the gameplay were what made Ninja Gaiden great, and they went and ruined that. There really is nothing left to it without those things.

Yes Tecmo, Itagaki knew what he was talking about and you didnt.

It reads to me like he's a fan of what Ninja Gaiden is meant to be - a properly challenging game - and is rating it at least partly on it not being that.

Even the other much more positive reviews commented that it's a very very easy game now.

More like Ninja Gaiden 3/10, am I right?

If the game is this bad i hope they can change it when the Wii U version arrives! I always wanted to try a Ninja Gaiden game.