By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ninja gaiden 3. Ign review. 3/10!!!

Not to defend the game or IGN, but who the hell reviewed this?!

Around the Network

another review for you 7/10
http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/ninja-gaiden-3-ps3-review/

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Good to know that IGN doesn't like it. It's a must buy for me. I haven't played the game yet, but I'm sure it deserves at least a 7. Then again a 7 doesn't generate much traffic, so 3 it is!

Thats the same score as God hand, Ninja gaiden 3 confirmed for best action game this gen

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I better try by myself...

Around the Network

IGN is clearly the go to source for action game reviews

Time for hype

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
for me game play is the most important factor in any game. 2.5/10. this game is complete garbage.

Have you even played it?

Time for hype

I just watched the video review, its almost as if every point he makes is refuted in it. He even makes fun of the story, which was penned by Masato Kato, who did the NES ninja gaidens, Chrono trigger and FF7

Time for hype

leatherhat said:

IGN is clearly the go to source for action game reviews

What the heck?! That's pathetic!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

It's hard to believe they could fuck the gameplay up that badly. It was near perfect. Ninja Gaiden Black is the most critically acclaimed hack & slash of all time. Quite a fall from grace.

Maybe if you don't include the God of War series? God of War III is the most critically acclaimed game in the genre of all time, it got 75+ perfect scores and over 150 9-9.9 scores, if you average the reviews from the top 50 or so sources who're  worth considering then it averages around 95%. Also 2nd and 3rd place belongs to the God of War series with God of War and God of War II which both average at about 95% too, God of War III wins though because the sheer amount of 9.5-10 scores it got, as you should know, the more reviews a game/film is based on the more difficult it is to have a high average. And please never use Metacritic to determine the most critically acclaimed game, it's the most dodgy site you could go on, with their fabricated 'weighting system' rubbish and inclusion of terrible run of the mill sites whose reviews are just not worth anything, there's many more problems with that joke of a site that should cease to exist.

Now that's been corrected back on topic, I'm not surprised at all by the 3/10 because everything I've seen and heard of this game just seems terrible to me. That said I don't think IGN reviews are well-written and informative enough so if you're a Ninja Gaiden fan I'd wait for other reviews before coming to any conclusions on the games quality and whether it's worth buying, also make sure to READ the reviews instead of just looking for the worthless numerical value at the end.