By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ninja gaiden 3. Ign review. 3/10!!!

i already got it and try it and my opinion is ....... DONT EVER GET IT !! its a total trash only one weapon and no upgrades ?! what the hell they are thinking !!!

Around the Network
tontus said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

It's hard to believe they could fuck the gameplay up that badly. It was near perfect. Ninja Gaiden Black is the most critically acclaimed hack & slash of all time. Quite a fall from grace.

Maybe if you don't include the God of War series? God of War III is the most critically acclaimed game in the genre of all time, it got 75+ perfect scores and over 150 9-9.9 scores, if you average the reviews from the top 50 or so sources who're  worth considering then it averages around 95%. Also 2nd and 3rd place belongs to the God of War series with God of War and God of War II which both average at about 95% too, God of War III wins though because the sheer amount of 9.5-10 scores it got, as you should know, the more reviews a game/film is based on the more difficult it is to have a high average. And please never use Metacritic to determine the most critically acclaimed game, it's the most dodgy site you could go on, with their fabricated 'weighting system' rubbish and inclusion of terrible run of the mill sites whose reviews are just not worth anything, there's many more problems with that joke of a site that should cease to exist.

Now that's been corrected back on topic, I'm not surprised at all by the 3/10 because everything I've seen and heard of this game just seems terrible to me. That said I don't think IGN reviews are well-written and informative enough so if you're a Ninja Gaiden fan I'd wait for other reviews before coming to any conclusions on the games quality and whether it's worth buying, also make sure to READ the reviews instead of just looking for the worthless numerical value at the end.

Your facts are even more meaningless because nowadays there are MUCH more gaming related sites than 7 years ago. Now which sites do you consider "worth considering" ? And even then where are your sources ?

Sorry for all these reasons is Metacritic a much better tool than everything you just tried to explain. Ninja Gaiden Black has an average score of 94 and even if you add all existing GoWIII reviews, it would still not change the average score from 92 to 95.

Only the original God of War can tie that score

leatherhat said:

IGN is clearly the go to source for action game reviews

Oh come on! They're not even comparable; one's an action game while the other's a collection of minigames. And for all we know, it might be a fun, decent game to play with friends and family.

Anyways, I wasn't expecting much out of NG3 after reading countless interviews from the devs, but I'm still going to rent it. The review kind of scared me though since the gameplay sounded like something from Dynasty Warriors, and it's funny that most of the reviews are trashing the story since the devs wanted to focus more on the story.

@Shadowfest3:

They must have something like 6-7 months, at least, to work it out. I hope they can make the most of it!

tontus said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

It's hard to believe they could fuck the gameplay up that badly. It was near perfect. Ninja Gaiden Black is the most critically acclaimed hack & slash of all time. Quite a fall from grace.

Maybe if you don't include the God of War series? God of War III is the most critically acclaimed game in the genre of all time, it got 75+ perfect scores and over 150 9-9.9 scores, if you average the reviews from the top 50 or so sources who're  worth considering then it averages around 95%. Also 2nd and 3rd place belongs to the God of War series with God of War and God of War II which both average at about 95% too, God of War III wins though because the sheer amount of 9.5-10 scores it got, as you should know, the more reviews a game/film is based on the more difficult it is to have a high average. And please never use Metacritic to determine the most critically acclaimed game, it's the most dodgy site you could go on, with their fabricated 'weighting system' rubbish and inclusion of terrible run of the mill sites whose reviews are just not worth anything, there's many more problems with that joke of a site that should cease to exist.

Nonsense. As Barozi pointed out there are simply more sites now. Let's look at gamerankings and metacritic. 
Ninja Gaiden: Black 94.76% on GR and 94 on Metacritic
God of war 93.55% on GR and 94 on metacritic
God of war 2  92.62% on GR and 93 on metacritic
God of war 3 92.01% on GR and 92 on metacritic. 

So he is totally right to state NG:B is the most critically acclaimed game of this type. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
crissindahouse said:

ok i just looked at one of the biggest gaming magazines in germany who usually give higher ratings than the average (i believe so)

they say almost the same, stupid fucked up story and fucked up fighting system (compared to ninja gaiden 2 and so on)

rating:

67%

http://www.gamepro.de/playstation/spiele/ps3/ninja-gaiden-3/wertung/46486.html

It's the Wii syndrome indeed. Over the past few years third party developers have been trained to stop doing proper work as soon as the word "Wii" is mentioned. Since it was confirmed a long time ago that Ninja Gaiden 3 would come to the Wii U, it's no surprise that we are looking at a mess of a game now.

Well then I guess Assassins Creed 3 is also doomed to poor grades, right?

Team Ninja Dog strikes again.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

Well then I guess Assassins Creed 3 is also doomed to poor grades, right?

Half the game will have to be purchased as DLC.

It's not made by Capcom though. That should mean that it is a little less than half the game.

this is what happens when a mastermind leaves a studio..

leatherhat said:

IGN is clearly the go to source for action game reviews

That's not a good argument at all.

For example, this reads to me: "people who like Hack & Slash games will find God Hand awful while people who like Baby Simulation Games will have a good time with Party Babyz".

My mom woundn't in a million years play god hand, but she would probably give Party Babyz a try and would probably like it.