By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA wins prestigious Award for Innovative Product Design

/PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) has been recognized for innovative design by the prestigious red dot awards by Germany's Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen. With more than 4,500 entries from over 58 countries and regions this year, the red dot design awards reach more advocates of good design than any other design competition.  Judged by an independent jury of 30 international experts, the following products were successful in winning red dot awards for design quality: PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita), Wireless Stereo Headset for PlayStation®3 (Available in North America), Wireless Keyboard for PlayStation®3, and 3D Display. 

"To be recognized for our commitment to product design by leading industry experts is a fantastic achievement for SCE", said Andrew House, President and Group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.  "We are particularly thrilled with the reaction and expectation to the recently launched PS Vita in North America, and Europe, the ultimate portable entertainment system, especially the introduction of innovative new ways to play and interact. Winning a red dot award for product design further establishes PS Vita as the must-have portable entertainment system across the world."

Source

Around the Network

Well then why didn't the PSP win this too? They look the same...

Innovative? Bull! Everyone knows the Vita copied _____

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

what a joke.. The vita offering nothing new accept the rear touchpad..

and a headset, and keyboard.. don't get it.. whre is the Innovative..?

NintendoPie said:

My god that was a lame attack on the system. Have you even held a Vita in your hand?

OT: Well deserved. Its a marvle of a machine Now lets hope that it will get even more quality software

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Vita copied.. touch, cam, ar and gyro, from nintendo.. and sony gets a price.. for 3d display..

Fun world we live in..

great news. Vita is indeed a great product

http://en.red-dot.org/2866.html?&cHash=4134714ddeb0d91c666f0802ffa4e081&company=743

NintendoPie said:

Ya and the ds and 3ds look damn similar too =p Looks of the console mean nothing, it's what it does that makes the difference.

hunter_alien said:
NintendoPie said:

My god that was a lame attack on the system. Have you even held a Vita in your hand?

OT: Well deserved. Its a marvle of a machine Now lets hope that it will get even more quality software

Was that supposed to be an attack on the system? No, it wasn't.