By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA wins prestigious Award for Innovative Product Design

People don't worry this is nothing important I am German and Germany is the mecka of Sony Fanboys.

The red dot design award is nothing serious its constantly given to products sold at ALDI (a German supermarket discounter) for example "MEDION" computers qualify for the award as long as they have piano paint and a proprietary hard drive dock so you are forced to buy external medion harddrives.

Medion just recently turned into a quite good company and was immediately bought by Lenovo. Medion got that award almost every year since 2002? Even the circa 2003 Medion MD 8008 and 8080 PCs that had overheating issues and died constantly had the award because they had a button that was hidding the AV INPUT and USB Ports.
I owned a MD8008 my and a friend owned a 8008 and we had the computers replaced like 10 times untill we forced Medion to give back our money.

Red Dot Design awards are also given to fan favorite products. So its not just EXPERTS OPINION (this is why i mentioned the fanboyism in the first place) There once was an article about them in the FOCUS magazine.

So Sony fanboys CHILL this is actually nothing to be proud of and competition fanboys CHILL this is nothing to worry about.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

People don't worry this is nothing important I am German and Germany is the mecka of Sony Fanboys.

The red dot design award is nothing serious its constantly given to products sold at ALDI (a German supermarket discounter) for example "MEDION" computers qualify for the award as long as they have piano paint and a proprietary hard drive dock so you are forced to buy external medion harddrives.

Medion just recently turned into a quite good company and was immediately bought by Lenovo. Medion got that award almost every year since 2002? Even the circa 2003 Medion MD 8008 and 8080 PCs that had overheating issues and died constantly had the award because they had a button that was hidding the AV INPUT and USB Ports.
I owned a MD8008 my and a friend owned a 8008 and we had the computers replaced like 10 times untill we forced Medion to give back our money.

Red Dot Design awards are also given to fan favorite products. So its not just EXPERTS OPINION (this is why i mentioned the fanboyism in the first place) There once was an article about them in the FOCUS magazine.

So Sony fanboy CHILL this is actually nothing to be proud of and competition fanboys CHILL this is nothing to worry about.

keep up the name calling man, thats what the ban function is for

MadeInDK said:
Vita copied.. touch, cam, ar and gyro, from nintendo.. and sony gets a price.. for 3d display..

Fun world we live in..

The award is in DESIGN.. in how Atractive looks a product not in HOW Innovative its functions are..

All that you mention there nintendo copied it from Cellphones and other mobil devices... and about design 3DS is just a DS with ONE stick and larger Superior screen (plus 3D )...

And saying that Vita looks like a PSP is wrong too...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

NintendoPie said:
okr said:
Here's again what I posted above:
http://en.red-dot.org/2866.html?&cHash=4134714ddeb0d91c666f0802ffa4e081&company=743
The PSP Go won this award as well, two years ago.

Here's all other products from Sony which won the awards over the years:
http://en.red-dot.org/2866.html?&cHash=b0968b0ec7993ad8b231490e7d0bdfc7&company=751

Even Microsoft one a few of them over the years:
http://en.red-dot.org/2866.html?&cHash=1211e5ed949567a61e77ac6e8d94005d&company=253

Unsuprisingly many Apple products won got the award as well over the years:
http://en.red-dot.org/2866.html?&cHash=d8c0af4f8faac1df53880e8763ddd441&company=3413

It seems no Nintendo product won the award up to now. I think the Wii design should have deserved one, but that's just me.

The Wii, DS, and the upcoming Wii U should all win the awards. The DS was the first to market Touch screens and it also had that all new clamshell design with two screens, the Wii was the first to market motion control and is the most succesful, the Wii U's controller conept is very intriguing and can be used in compliment with the games on the big screen.

+1

o_O.Q said:

When did he call you or anyone else a name? If you're talking about him using the word 'fanboy' then that's ridiculous, he wasn't even using it in a demeaning manner.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
JazzB1987 said:

So Sony fanboy CHILL this is actually nothing to be proud of and competition fanboys CHILL this is nothing to worry about.

What do you mean?  Sony fanboys and competition fanboys?  if people feel hurt or something by that they just consider themselves fanboys. I was not talking to a specific person.

EDIT: Oh i see   you quoted my comment before i added the S to Sony Fanboy(S)   k makes sense why you thought I was calling the OP fanboy xD

DemoniOtaku said:
MadeInDK said:
Vita copied.. touch, cam, ar and gyro, from nintendo.. and sony gets a price.. for 3d display..

Fun world we live in..

The award is in DESIGN.. in how Atractive looks a product not in HOW Innovative its functions are..

Oh, now it makes sense

o_O.Q said:
NintendoPie said:

The Wii, DS, and the upcoming Wii U should all win the awards. The DS was the first to market Touch screens and it also had that all new clamshell design with two screens, the Wii was the first to market motion control and is the most succesful, the Wii U's controller conept is very intriguing and can be used in compliment with the games on the big screen.

*image*

I see nothing wrong with what he said, he's talking about bringing those things to gaming/the mainstream gaming audience. 100% correct

DemoniOtaku said:
MadeInDK said:

Fun world we live in..

All that you mention there nintendo copied it from Cellphones and other mobil devices... and about design 3DS is just a DS with ONE stick and larger Superior screen (plus 3D )...

I prefer the Vita's look over how the PSP looks  but how is designing the system with speakers being blocked while using the device worth an award? It's like giving the 3ds an award for the (if this is really true)  lower screen leaving marks on the upper screen while being closed. Or the stylus being on the left side so you cant just grab it with your right hand without turning around the device.  No matter how good a product looks if its design is counter productive in anyway there is no way it deserves an award.

EDIT: LOL i said topper instead of upper FAIL!

JazzB1987 said:
DemoniOtaku said:
MadeInDK said:

Fun world we live in..

I prefer the Vita's look over how the PSP looks  but how is designing the system with speakers being blocked while using the device worth an award? It's like giving the 3ds an award for the (if this is really true)  lower screen leaving marks on the topper screen while being closed. Or the stylus being on the left side so you cant just grab it with your right hand without turning around the device.  No matter how good a product looks if its design is counter productive in anyway there is no way it deserves an award.

The bold doesn't happen to me. The italic is very annoying. -.-