By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA wins prestigious Award for Innovative Product Design

pezus said:

Innovation =/= popularization

Yes they are two different things, what are you arguing?

Around the Network
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Doesn't change the fact that the bolded statements are correct. Besides, I was being rather generous with my statement. The fact is Nintendo showed great innovation with those products, even when looking at the technology industry as a whole. It'd be ridiculous of you to argue otherwise.

What in the world does '=/=' mean?!?!?!?!

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Doesn't change the fact that the bolded statements are correct. Besides, I was being rather generous with my statement. The fact is Nintendo showed great innovation with those products, even when looking at the technology industry as a whole. It'd be ridiculous of you to argue otherwise.

"does not mean"

... I think

Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:

"does not mean"

... I think

If thats true that makes no sense. XD

o_O.Q said:
miz1q2w3e said:
o_O.Q said:
miz1q2w3e said:
o_O.Q said:
NintendoPie said:

The Wii, DS, and the upcoming Wii U should all win the awards. The DS was the first to market Touch screens and it also had that all new clamshell design with two screens, the Wii was the first to market motion control and is the most succesful, the Wii U's controller conept is very intriguing and can be used in compliment with the games on the big screen.

*image*

I see nothing wrong with what he said, he's talking about bringing those things to gaming/the mainstream gaming audience. 100% correct

the awards in question aren't secluded to gaming but technology as a whole...

to say that in terms of technology that nintendo was the first to market clamshell designs, touchscreens or motion control is nonsense

Obviously someone else invented the tech, but Nintendo was the first to use these ideas in gaming, you seem to be confusing innovation with invention

We're talking dual screens in a clamshell, touchscreens and motion controls in a gaming deivce. Those are innovations, FACT

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:

It means "does not equal"

miz1q2w3e said:
o_O.Q said:
miz1q2w3e said:
o_O.Q said:
miz1q2w3e said:
o_O.Q said:
NintendoPie said:

The Wii, DS, and the upcoming Wii U should all win the awards. The DS was the first to market Touch screens and it also had that all new clamshell design with two screens, the Wii was the first to market motion control and is the most succesful, the Wii U's controller conept is very intriguing and can be used in compliment with the games on the big screen.

*image*

I see nothing wrong with what he said, he's talking about bringing those things to gaming/the mainstream gaming audience. 100% correct

the awards in question aren't secluded to gaming but technology as a whole...

to say that in terms of technology that nintendo was the first to market clamshell designs, touchscreens or motion control is nonsense

Obviously someone else invented the tech, but Nintendo was the first to use these ideas in gaming, you seem to be confusing innovation with invention

We're talking dual screens in a clamshell, touchscreens and motion controls in a gaming deivce. Those are innovations, FACT

this is what he said 

"The DS was the first to market Touch screens and it also had that all new clamshell design"

"the Wii was the first to market motion control"

in the broad sense of technology without using specific criteria to make it appear like if a certain company can be creditted with creating everything its clear thats nonsense

those three features were in use commonly before gaming and thats what this award is related to, gaming and technology beyond gaming

o_O.Q said:

this is what he said 

"The DS was the first to market Touch screens and it also had that all new clamshell design"

in the broad sense of technology without using specific criteria to make it appear like if a certain company can be creditted with creating everything its clear thats nonsense

those three features were in use commonly before gaming and thats what this award is related to, gaming and technology beyond gaming

Regardless of the wording, my point remains valid.

Besides, I see no one here claiming that they created these technologies.

hunter_alien said:
NintendoPie said:
Well then why didn't the PSP win this too? They look the same...

My god that was a lame attack on the system. Have you even held a Vita in your hand?

OT: Well deserved. Its a marvle of a machine Now lets hope that it will get even more quality software

How was that an attack? He just said PSP should have gotten an award as well as they really do look the same. Don’t you see he pitied the PSP?

Yes DS and 3DS do too

Sony fans are so defensive… >_>  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

miz1q2w3e said:
o_O.Q said:

this is what he said 

Regardless of the wording, my point remains valid.

Besides, I see no one here claiming that they created these technologies.

well if you are going to find the ds innovative because of clamshell design, touchscreens etc when there're already pdas, laptops etc alongside it that have had those same features before it, from my perspective you aren't going to have a point there, but thats me