By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA wins prestigious Award for Innovative Product Design

theprof00 said:
Conegamer said:
Not bad. But it's not hugely 'innovative'. It just strikes me as loads of different control mechanisms thrown together on one system with a load of oomph.

Is it a quality system? Yes, definitely. But not original, or innovative.

Play around with one for a while, then talk.

I have. For several hours. Played Wipeout and Uncharted. Both quality games! Took a while to load!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
NintendoPie said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Haha, can't have a thread about Sony doing well without somebody trying to ruin the party.

Or with any company for that matter.

Dude, Nintendo wasnt the first one to market motion controls. Nintendo saw the success of Eyetoy on the PS2 and made a whole new console out of the concept. Otherwise, if Nintendo brought a hardcore console like PS3 and 360, they wouldve still been in the position like they were with the GameCube. And please don't bring motion technology of 90's consoles, those were niche products wich nobody bought them. Eyetoy was bought by millions of people. Even the commercials of the Wii are the same as the Eyetoy: family playing together, an old lady interacting in front of the Eyetoy etc.

First off; almost all commercials are like that. There is always a Grandma in there somewhere...

Secondly; I should have put "made it come to the forefront." I know Nintendo wasn't the absolute first but they did it very succesfully, you have got to admit. 

Conegamer said:
theprof00 said:
Conegamer said:
Not bad. But it's not hugely 'innovative'. It just strikes me as loads of different control mechanisms thrown together on one system with a load of oomph.

Is it a quality system? Yes, definitely. But not original, or innovative.

Play around with one for a while, then talk.

I have. For several hours. Played Wipeout and Uncharted. Both quality games! Took a while to load!

Firmware will also speed these up, as I'm sure 3ds updates have their own games.

Oh, also, to repeat something that's been said many times earlier, this award is not about product innovation, it's about design innovation. For example, the back touchpad is all circle, cross, triangle, squares.

That is just beautiful design. It's creative as well as sexy. That is what innovative design is about.