By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
highwaystar101 said:

Sorry, I just have to come in here. Christians don't have to be homophobic.

Yes, the old testament says some wacky things. You are forbidden to trim your beard about 4 passages after the one you quoted. But since Jesus, Leviticus doesn't have much bearing on the Christian faith. I find that those who use those quotes are only doing so to push their own moral agenda, not that of the bible. 

(In fact Christians who use quotes from Leviticus arguably understand very little about the Christianity. If they did think Leviticus was to be obeyed they would be crippled in modern society as Leviticus is essentially just a list of absurd laws. For example, being homosexual has equal billing to burning a priest's daughter to death if she has sex; but I don't see a group of people who go around killing the daughters of priests)

If Player1x3 said "I hate gays because of Leviticus!" then I would be on your side, but he didn't even bring it up. He's even stated that his religion has no bearing on his view towards homosexuals. It's clear he doesn't hold the view you want him to and he doesn't want to get into this argument, ok?

Some people do though, so if you want to

Yeah, I mentioned earlier that I was wrong to attack Player1x3. I never said that all Christians have to be homophobic though, just that their God has made anti-homosexual statements through the Bible.

The Bible says a bunch of funky things.  If everyone followed every part literally, everyone would have to kill everyone.

Here's a strange one:

2 Kings, 2:23-24.

23: And he (Elisha) went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24: And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

So balled guys can curse and kill children if they make fun?  Wow! no since of humor at all.

Well, this part of the Bible would make Doctor Phil the biggest murderer of them all. For every child that teased him about his balled head, many would die.  (Oh, the humanity.)

And does it to apply to a receeding hairline?  What about if you shave your head  (and get super power to summon she-bears.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:

The Bible says a bunch of funky things.  If everyone followed every part literally, everyone would have to kill everyone.

Here's a strange one:

23: And he (Elisha) went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24: And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

So balled guys can curse and kill children if they make fun?  Wow! no since of humor at all.

Well, this part of the Bible would make Doctor Phil the biggest murderer of them all. For every child that teased him about his balled head, many would die.  (Oh, the humanity.)

And does it to apply to a receeding hairline?  What about if you shave your head  (and get super power to summon she-bears.)

That's hilarious!

Not the kind of thing they told me when I was forced to get confirmed.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Zappykins said:

Here's a strange one:

That's hilarious!

Not the kind of thing they told me when I was forced to get confirmed.

http://www.seanet.com/~billr/xbs/play_xbs.htm

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Eris

Just to clear some stuff up, calling yourself an 'Atheist' doesn't mean you're some militant anti-religious nutjob...sure some go that far (like myself), but MOST atheists are happy to just...not bother themselves with the spiritual.

I'm kinda getting sick of people comparing the religious to atheists when by definition they are not the same.

Atheism is NOT "a belief that there is no god" (which is a belief in and of itself), an atheist who has no belief in God. Slightly different wording, entirely different meaning. I realize this is higher English and is a bit more complicated to decipher for forum users who often use abbreviations in lieu of punctuation, but the subtle syntax changes alter the meaning greatly.

Just because I hate religion and want it gone does not mean it's fair to assume EVERY atheist is as aggressive about it as I am, same as it's not fair to assume all christians are like the Westboro Baptist Church.

So stop labelling Atheists as god-haters.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Just to clear some stuff up, calling yourself an 'Atheist' doesn't mean you're some militant anti-religious nutjob...sure some go that far (like myself), but MOST atheists are happy to just...not bother themselves with the spiritual.

I'm kinda getting sick of people comparing the religious to atheists when by definition they are not the same.

Atheism is NOT "a belief that there is no god" (which is a belief in and of itself), an atheist who has no belief in God. Slightly different wording, entirely different meaning. I realize this is higher English and is a bit more complicated to decipher for forum users who often use abbreviations in lieu of punctuation, but the subtle syntax changes alter the meaning greatly.

Just because I hate religion and want it gone does not mean it's fair to assume EVERY atheist is as aggressive about it as I am, same as it's not fair to assume all christians are like the Westboro Baptist Church.

So stop labelling Atheists as god-haters.

While I agree that most atheists are not extremists (in the same way that most theists are not extremists, then again using the term 'extremist' should give people a clue about that) I think the term atheist is in fact "a belief that there is no God"... Those who are agnostic would be the ones who "have no belief in God" (as well as no belief that there definately is no God)

I think the problem is that many people who don't really know or care like myself, use the term atheist for themselves when strictly speaking they are more just agnostic or skeptic.

Personally I would say I am agnostic, but generally think most religious practice is kind of pointless. (Well, I guess it makes some people happy, so in that way it's like a form of entertainment... then again it also makes some people bored or unhappy. I suppose you could compare it to a historical documentary, some people can enjoy watching it but if you don't enjoy it and are forced to watch anyway it's going to make you bored or unhappy)

theprof00 said:
Inanimate Carbon Rod

In Rod We Trust

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

What's the summary of what you have learned from this thread?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

If I had to choose one, it would be Baldr, because who doesn't love Baldr?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

God.
In Skyrim it's Talos.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.