By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kid Icarus Uprising gets a 40/40 from Famitsu

Tagged games:

Uh oh, a 40/40 from Famitsu means it will be slammed in the West unless it's a western developed game.

Around the Network

The definition of a perfect score from Famitsu sure ain't what it used to be.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Panama said:
Uh oh, a 40/40 from Famitsu means it will be slammed in the West unless it's a western developed game.

?

That might be true nowadays when Famitsu's been handing out 40/40s left and right for the past 5 years or so.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:
Teo said:
BasilZero said:
Pretty impressive, though I doubt it would be 40/40 in the West (when it comes to reviewers), I think Famitsu like scoring it would be around high 20s/low 30s.

I know right? Skyward sword is such a medicore game.

If you say so ;p

Uh, no. You need to play more of it if you think that!

Me? I am still playing it and loving it o.o?

I was talking to the guy before you. XD

I dont see why people are complaining when they havent even played the game. This is awesome actually and it makes me even more excited to play Kid Icarus :D

Also I just want to point out that all the games that has gotten perfect scores in the last year has deserved them, except maybe not Final Fantasy. But Skyrim is huge and amazing, Skyward Sword in my opinion is the best Zelda game I have played.

And if you dont agree, then dont play it but no need to complain about it. The only way I could see this as bad news is if I didnt have a 3DS

Around the Network

It's been evident for years now that a 40/40 from Famitsu means that the developer has deep pockets. They throw a curveball at you such as smaller titles like 428 and Bayonetta once in a while in order to throw you off. People might make fun of IGN and other Western critics being paid, but apart from their obvious bias for western developed games it's not as evident as some of the underhanded stuff that goes on between Japanese developers and Famitsu. I can't speak in regards to Dengeki though.

Also this isn't a stab at Kid Icarus, I have it preordered already, this is a stab at Famitsu. They need to calm down with those perfect scores, far too many are from this generation. Though it could be argued Kid Icarus is next gen.

Famitsu it's usless crap now.

I will see the vote from Edge magazine.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Araknie said:
Famitsu it's usless crap now.

I will see the vote from Edge magazine.

It got a respectable 8/10 from EDGE

I think the site was very respectable in its review standards until the mid-2000's when everything started getting 40/40, the games they gave 40/40 were pure excellent before, but I kind of questioned Wind Waker, and then FF12 really caused me to question. Although Dragon Quest 9 I thought was very solid. New Super Mario Bros though? They did get it right that it would be a sales hit, but I think that older SMB games that didn't get 40/40 were better.

In reality, the only perfect score games should probably just be:
Ocarina of Time,
Mario Galaxy 2

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Wagram said:
Honestly, I don't think any of those games deserve a 40/40.

This.

And I'm a huge Skyrim fan and it's my second favourite game of all time (behind Fallout 3). 39/40 should be enough for any game (which is a 97.5) and even then my 39/40 list would be shorter than their 40/40 list.

But well these are the "flaws" of such a system. For all we know every 10 given by these guys could be a 9.5 or 9.6 on another scale, so 4 times 9.5 would actually be 38/40, but if each of these reviewers round it to 10, it gets 40/40.