By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kid Icarus Uprising gets a 40/40 from Famitsu

Tagged games:

fuck yeah

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Araknie said:
Famitsu it's usless crap now.

I will see the vote from Edge magazine.

It got a respectable 8/10 from EDGE

Ok, that sounds more honest.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Araknie said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Araknie said:
Famitsu it's usless crap now.

I will see the vote from Edge magazine.

It got a respectable 8/10 from EDGE

Ok, that sounds more honest.

esp since you can usually add 1 or 2 points to any edge score to determine what the less snobby reviewers will give the game ;)

ok a perfect score may be slightly ridiculous, but it's a fair indication the game will be above a certain quality so I'm pumped (figuratively speaking!)

I understand Famitsu is not reliable, but I don't see how EDGE can be considered a more reliable source.

Another game I will add to my collection whenever I decide to get a 3DS.

OT: Famitsu's scores seem to be based upon eastern tastes in my opinion. So getting a 40/40 from them won't mean much when the majority of the reviewers are western side. There aren't too many games that get a 40/40 from them and 95-100% reviews in the west unless its a universally liked game, such as Mario and Zelda, only ones I could think of.

I think they should just make the score be 400/400, at least that way the individual scores don't need to be rounded (if that's what they do) and you could probably get a more accurate score that isn't too huge of a number. In my opinion, the only games I think deserve a perfect score are those that transcend culture boundaries and have universal appeal, which is probably why I like Mario so much.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Around the Network
freebs2 said:
I understand Famitsu is not reliable, but I don't see how EDGE can be considered a more reliable source.

It's personal taste, but to me Edge is the best reviewer of all, especially if you read the reviews.

I used to pay a lot for it, as I had to import it, and even then I received the issues late, but now thanks to the Ipad, it's cheap and fast. I recommend everybody in the world to get it this way. Guaranteed satisfaction.