By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Game of Thrones (TV series) Official Thread

man-bear-pig said:
haxxiy said:
We better enjoy it while we can since I really doubt they have the resources or are able to keep the actors beyond season four, that is, the end of Storm of Swords.

Why?

I remember reading an article saying that GoT is more profitable to HBO than any other show is to it's channel. They sell each episode internationally for $2.5 million and DVD/blu-ray sales of Season 1 were monstrous.

You haven't read the books, so I'll keep spoilers to a bare minimum. Let's just say they'd need a much bigger returning cast and a much bigger budget for special effects. Hardly sustainable for anything but top-dog movies series. 

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
man-bear-pig said:
haxxiy said:
We better enjoy it while we can since I really doubt they have the resources or are able to keep the actors beyond season four, that is, the end of Storm of Swords.

Why?

I remember reading an article saying that GoT is more profitable to HBO than any other show is to it's channel. They sell each episode internationally for $2.5 million and DVD/blu-ray sales of Season 1 were monstrous.

You haven't read the books, so I'll keep spoilers to a bare minimum. Let's just say they'd need a much bigger returning cast and a much bigger budget for special effects. Hardly sustainable for anything but top-dog movies series. 

Ah okay, it would be a shame if they couldn't finish the series. :(. A kickstarter project for another season of Game of Thrones would raise over $100m dollars probably, so if HBO are ever desperate they can do that lol.

@Benao87, but Game of Thrones destroyed True Blood in DVD sales! :)

The show is dope and I can't wait for this sundays show. The director loves the ladies for sure. I get on and say damn i haven't seen her naked yet, WTF! Then sure enough she is naked, i pull out my G.O.T Naked lady chart and rate them accordingly!!! now maybe we can start a rate the naked lady game but we will have to pull that up for next season. Hey OP mark that down.

man-bear-pig said:
haxxiy said:
man-bear-pig said:
haxxiy said:

Why?

Ah okay, it would be a shame if they couldn't finish the series. :(. A kickstarter project for another season of Game of Thrones would raise over $100m dollars probably, so if HBO are ever desperate they can do that lol.

Damn I need to read the books or get the audio books. Thats how I role.

@spaceguy, you are a god-damned genius!

I hope Joffrey doesnt say that he planned the defence of Kings Landing to Tywin.. Tyrion needs the credit!

Around the Network

@pezus, it wasnt explained in the show. :( I need to read the damn books!

Oh, and I was re-watching season 1 and I saw the commander of the nights watch mention that his son 'jorah' disgraced him. Is the commander of the nights watch the dad of Khalissi's bodyguard guy..?

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
@spaceguy, you are a god-damned genius!

I hope Joffrey doesnt say that he planned the defence of Kings Landing to Tywin.. Tyrion needs the credit!

You think Tyrion and Tywin weren't in touch?
Anyway, Tywin knows Joffrey is a no-good brat.

Did it look like Tyrion and Tywin were in touch? Tyrion was terrified for the entire battle. He was not acting like somebody who knew his father would show up at any moment.

This isn't really a spoiler, because it's pretty obvious, but Tyrion and Tywin aren't really great friends.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

man-bear-pig said:

Oh, and I was re-watching season 1 and I saw the commander of the nights watch mention that his son 'jorah' disgraced him. Is the commander of the nights watch the dad of Khalissi's bodyguard guy..?

he is :)

spaceguy said:
man-bear-pig said:
haxxiy said:
man-bear-pig said:
haxxiy said:

Why?

Damn I need to read the books or get the audio books. Thats how I role.

Audio Books thats a good idea. I was thinking about getting them as well, but I have that the last three where boring.

walsufnir said:
man-bear-pig said:

he is :)

Ooh, interesting. I wonder if their paths will ever cross again.