By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Game of Thrones (TV series) Official Thread

I am trying to fight the urge to read the plot summary for 'A Storm of Swords'..... The temptation is almost unbearable.

The song played at the end of 'Blackwater' is sooo epic!

Around the Network
WiiBox3 said:
AndrewWK said:

This show starts to become very annoying. There are like 1million Major characters, and they arent doing anything. I was hoping for a fight between Bronn and the Hound. And what happend? The same thing that always happened "nothing". The story developes to slow, far to slow. Beside of that I still like it.

My favourite storyline is the War. The stuff happening beyond the Wall is just boring, and same is the Daenerys Plot. The last battle was cool, not as good as the Spartacus fights but still decent. There is yet one episode to go, I hope we will see there some happening beyond the wall at least.

"You know nothing Jon Snow." There will be a lot of new characters introduced, I'm not sure how they will be able to keep up with them all in the show.

As someone who has read the books, I am impressed with how they have condenced and cut out so much stuff without hurting the main plot. Though I feel a lot is left unexplained. I am also impressed how they have changed certain events to make it flow better on the screen, like how Jon Snow was captured and how Rob Stark meets Jeyne Westerling.

This is so true. It's one of the few book to TV/Movie conversions that actually manages to get the balance perfect.

man-bear-pig said:
I am trying to fight the urge to read the plot summary for 'A Storm of Swords'..... The temptation is almost unbearable.

DON'T read a summary! DO read the books

Seriously, with what's to come you don't want to spoil seasons 3 & 4.

Scoobes said:
man-bear-pig said:

Agreed. Read the books. They flow very well. After watching last season of GoT I marathoned all of the books. Now I am dieing for more.

WiiBox3 said:
Scoobes said:
man-bear-pig said:

Agreed. Read the books. They flow very well. After watching last season of GoT I marathoned all of the books. Now I am dieing for more.

I'm keeping myself from reading each book until the previous season/book has ended. I wish True Blood would end so they could add some more episodes to the seasons.  A lot of good stuff they're keeping out.  Still a great balance though, like someone else mentioned earlier.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

The song played at the end of 'Blackwater' is sooo epic!That sng,

That song is amazing

what i had about the series is that their is no clear protagonist, meaning anyone can die.

im looking at you rob!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

James Hibberd has the numbers for this past Sunday’s episode of Game of Thrones. The initial airing was viewed by 3.4 million viewers, down 13% from last week’s 3.9 million. As James notes, this drop is likely due to the Memorial Day holiday, where historically overall TV viewership drops around 20%.

UPDATE: TVByTheNumbers has the exact figures: 3.384 million for the 9PM airing and 863k for the 11PM repeat, for a total of 4.247 million viewers for the night.

Also, HBO has provided Hibberd with an updated total viewers per episode number: it stands now at 10.3 million. Thrones is still the third-most watched series in HBO’s history, and is inching closer to the number two spot, currently held by True Blood.

Winter Is Coming: No reason to panic here, folks. I expected a drop due to the holiday. Thanks to all the positive buzz off of this episode, plus the fact that finales usually have an uptick in viewers, I expect we will cross that 4 million barrier next week.

Source: winteriscoming.net

I'm kinda disappointed about the ratings, there was so much hype about this episode and I thought it would get over 4m :(. Overall though, this series has had pretty steady ratings, and a show like GoT (due to its complex plot) will only pick up viewers between seasons.

Anyway, I'm gonna start reading the books once this season ends. Im not sure whether I should start from the start or at A Storm of Swords...