By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii will not pass 100 million

I've been observing the Wii lately and thought to myself the odds of the Wii hiting 100 million are looking more and more bleak everyday. It's obvious to all now that the Wii is done and it's sales will continue to diminish. Not to mention with the release of the Wii U sometime in the second half of 2012 which will really slash it's sales. The DS was selling great until the 3DS came along now it's lucky to be over 50K a week, I see an even worst similarity with the Wii.

I think sales will keep continue to drop up until it's almost immossible to hit 100 million. Nintendo is done with the Wii and are now focusing everything on the Wii U's release. I mean whats left for the wii for system sellers?

Anyway things are looking very bleak to hit that 100 million barrier, if it does pass this milestone it'll barely get over. Won't beat the PSONE.

Around the Network

Wii is abysmal, but 5 Million in 2 years is not THAT hard.

morenoingrato said:
Wii is abysmal, but 5 Million in 2 years is not THAT hard.

After Wii U releases the Wii will be barely managing 25K a week.

Gilgamesh ... no.

You're predicting a sub 2m holiday, it's just not realistic.

I could see it hitting 100 million before the end of the year...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I know it's Saturday, but don't you live in America? At best it's early afternoon over there and at worst it's shortly before noon. In any case, it's a little bit early to be heavily intoxicated already.

It's never to early to be heavily intoxicated. But in all honesty I'm sober, for now.

As much as I dislike the Wii and hope it never hits 100 million, I really don't see it falling short, even with the Wii U coming later this year. It did 80,000 last week, so if it did that for the next 26 weeks which gets us to the fall when the Wii U will probably come out, that's another 2 million sales giving it over 97 million, and then it just needs another 3 million over the course of the rest of time. And who knows, the Wii could still have 1 last good Christmas with cheap ass parents who don't want to spend the money on a Wii U, so they opt for the $99 Wii instead.

Well, I'd be pretty foolish to agree with my predictions in the sig... Then again, I always overshoot my Wii numbers by quite a bit. It will hit 100 million, I'm sure of that, the question is how many millions more it can muster. As things stand now; not a whole lot, seems to be about right.

Definitely going to pass 100m, probably by the end of the year, considering the bundles that are now $150 will likely be $99 this holiday.

It will pass the PS1 in the end.

It'll pass 110