By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii will not pass 100 million

It has less than 5mil before it hits 100. It will surely do that by the end of this year. And will continue to sell into next year. Unless sales dwindle to 0 it will eventually pass PS1 lifetime. Slowly but surely!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

At one time I was sure Wii would crush PS2's LTD sales but since 2008 that's looked ever less likely.

I'd be very surprised if Wii didn't limp over the 100m mark, it'll still sell decently this Christmas and will sell at $99 for probably a year after that.

While its current sales aren't the best, it only needs another 5 million to reach the mark. That's nothing.

Marks said:
As much as I dislike the Wii and hope it never hits 100 million, I really don't see it falling short, even with the Wii U coming later this year. It did 80,000 last week, so if it did that for the next 26 weeks which gets us to the fall when the Wii U will probably come out, that's another 2 million sales giving it over 97 million, and then it just needs another 3 million over the course of the rest of time. And who knows, the Wii could still have 1 last good Christmas with cheap ass parents who don't want to spend the money on a Wii U, so they opt for the $99 Wii instead.

This

I just had a little look and seemingly in America it is still $160. Considering it launched at $250.... it hasn't dropped in price that much. Nintendo have SOOOOO much room to lower the price, it will smash 100m. I wouldn't be too surprised if at E3 Nintendo announced a global price drop for the Wii.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network

Yes, it will.

Are you a silly-head? The Wii only has to sell five million more units. It can reach that by the end of the year. Even with sales are cut in half from 2011 to 2012, it can still make it. Plus, you have to figure that Dragon Quest X will sell a few more units in Japan by itself.

Love and tolerate.

I think that the Wii will definitely reach 100 million in it's lifetime. I would say between 105 - 115 million lifetime, once the price is cut to $99.

It will reach 100mil....barely.
Wii U will kill the Wii just like 3DS killed the DS.

non-gravity said:
It'll pass 110

No chance. It will struggle just to reach 100mil this year.

No way it will reach 110m. Did you forget the Wii U is launching this year?