By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

Everything Mario Tennis Open! Happy Dolphin will be coming around with more later.

Mario Tennis Open roster thus far

March 7th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay

This is what the roster looks like for Mario Tennis Open thus far:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Daisy
Boo
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Waluigi
Wario
Mii

Will there be more character inclusions? Or will this be the final roster? Hopefully we’ll find out soon!

Mario Tennis Open - impressions

Impressions here

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Zelda Update:

Project M Toon Link mod (source)

By altidefan1, in Zelda News on March 6th, 2012

If you’re upset about Young Link being missing from Super Smash Brothers Brawl, then worry no more. Project M is currently working on a Toon Link mod which will change the toony character to become more like Super Smash Brothers Melee‘s Young Link.

Hit the jump to see this new mod.

Project M is a mod group whose goal is to take Brawl and change it to be more like Melee. The goal is to streamline gameplay even more, allow for more character control, allow for in stage location battle differences. It’s demo is currently available to download here.

If this intrigues you and you plan to use Project M, then you may be pleased to hear about their Toon Link mod for their mod. It takes Toon Link and applies both the style of Young Link and Link from the original Smash Brothers Brawl. The new mod for Link includes:

• slightly faster speed
  • shield stab from Melee
  • forward jumping slash as Forward-Smash
  • two-hit Up-Smash
  • Dash-Attack is a stab
  • fire spike from Melee for down aerial attack
  • fire arrows return
  • hurricane spin introduced

As you can see, the people at Project M have made some drastic changes to Toon Link to bring some of the older styles back to Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Do you think the styles are a refreshing change? Leave a comment with what you like.

Source: Project M

3DS update:

Virtual Console update

As we have recently learned, the long-awaited (?) arrival of titles from the SEGA Game Gear library on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console will begin next week. But according to the Australian Classifications Board, there are two more on the way to join the three already announced.

According to My Nintendo News (via Sonic Retro, the two games joining the debut trinity of Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple TroubleShinobi, and Dragon Crystal are… *drumroll* …Sonic Blast and Sonic Labyrinth.

(More @ source)

Pachipara-3D: (trailer)

That was great HappyD, but do you see now from you wall what I am up against? This is the official nintendo news thread for news that is usually not thread worthy. There is a lot. I have another 15 on my wall buried away.

I see you know the secrets of colored text! I just cannot figure out the individual letter colors. But I can handle the lines.

spurgeonryan's Points
Item Action Value Total Points
Signed up for gamrConnect 1 50 pts 50 pts
Friend Added 1297 5 pts 6485 pts
Game added to collection 1544 2 pts 3088 pts
Game rated 184 3 pts 552 pts
Game submitted & approved 6838 10 pts 68380 pts
Game detail addition 121 2 pts 242 pts
Synopsis added 1367 15 pts 20505 pts
Box art added 1007 4 pts 4028 pts
Banner added 615 10 pts 6150 pts
Screenshot added 8254 2 pts 16508 pts
Release date added 1418 5 pts 7090 pts
User review added 0 25 pts 0 pts
Critic review added 714 5 pts 3570 pts
Game cheat added 224 5 pts 1120 pts
Game extra added 0 2 pts 0 pts
Forum post 13760 3 pts 41280 pts
Post in a thread I started 16950 2 pts 33900 pts
User wall post 2854 2 pts 5708 pts
Game wall post 3254 2 pts 6508 pts
Article comment 588 2 pts 1176 pts
Invited a new user who signed up 0 200 pts 0 pts
Status update 293 0 pts 0 pts
Wall post comment 19770 1pt 19770 pts
Authored a forum thread 586 1pt 586 pts
Wall post received 1089 0 pts 0 pts
    Grand Total: 246696 pts

That is right, I do this.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

you want too put all Nintendo new in to one thread? tbh i think its a pain to have to search for the "new news" in a thread every time there is something new.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
you want too put all Nintendo new in too one thread? tbh i think its a pain to have to search for the "new news" in a thread every time there is something new.

I agree, and I think that is why a lot of people skipped my first version of the thread. I will add into my second post links to the news by date. Also pokemon and Wii U news goes into Iamawesomes and Ninpies threads now. I will still pick up some of those stories, but I have already made arrangements with iamawesome and ninpie to give them a good percentage of my threads that go with there threads. Thank you for stopping by, I always waited for you in my last thread, but you never showed up.

It is hard because I would like people to see all the news, some of it is just not thread worthy. But still interesting to some.

SNES Flashback:

Donkey Kong Country

Speedrun

happydolphin said:

SNES Flashback:

Donkey Kong Country

Speedrun

I should see how long it takes me to beat Goldeneye 64. Try to do a speed run.

Also don't forget to change the link in your community thread for this one. Unless you want to leave the other one for a bit.

@CatchUp: I'll keep both ... aaaandd added!

spurgeonryan said:
Roma said:
you want too put all Nintendo new in too one thread? tbh i think its a pain to have to search for the "new news" in a thread every time there is something new.

I agree, and I think that is why a lot of people skipped my first version of the thread. I will add into my second post links to the news by date. Also pokemon and Wii U news goes into Iamawesomes and Ninpies threads now. I will still pick up some of those stories, but I have already made arrangements with iamawesome and ninpie to give them a good percentage of my threads that go with there threads. Thank you for stopping by, I always waited for you in my last thread, but you never showed up.

It is hard because I would like people to see all the news, some of it is just not thread worthy. But still interesting to some.

Oh nice to hear that you waited for me

But lately I have been avoiding the site because of virus warnings and some commercials that play themselves while I listen to music. But sometimes they disappear and I can be here without getting annoyed by them (like now). So I saw it just never got the chance to read and post in it :-/

I agree though that some info is not thread worthy and better of together with other news

But if there is a Pikmin game shown I will create a thread for each Pikmin color there is haha

I need Some Pikmin love…  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(