By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
spurgeonryan said:

I wish my old thread did not crash or I would link links. They are dealing with the Shovelware problem head on. Both with the 3DS and the Wii U. Demos, more quality control, working with 3rd parties to get their games known and to get them to make some money. I think the demo is great! Gamers can go and decide if they should be a game like Wii Party or Flingsmash. If they do not think that it is worth it then that is it. Shoot, put an advertisement on the demos so they still make a buck. I do not care. If they do not put a demo out then it will have less of a chance to sell well unless they have advertiesments on tv or magazines or if ti gets decent reviews.

I am optimistic. Everyone says they have learned their lessons. Seems to be the case.

Yeah, that's true . Though ads... kinda meh, but for everything else so true. Man if I had some photoshop talent, I would mock up some tentative elderly market-targetting boxart!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

snip

65 percent of consoles are located in the living room; Nintendo Wii leads (75 percent) but Kinect for Microsoft Xbox 360 is helping to shift that platform toward communal spaces
Roughly four out of five of those interested in any Next-Gen console are current console owners, though much remains unknown about future consoles

Ok, it's 3am and I'm confused. "65 percent of consoles are located in the living room; Nintendo Wii leads (75 percent) but Kinect for Microsoft Xbox 360 is helping to shift that platform toward communal spaces" Are we saying that over all 3 platforms, an average of 65% of them are located in the living room, with the the Wii having 75% of its consoles in the living room and 25% in other rooms in the house? 

Sal.Paradise said:

Ok, it's 3am and I'm confused. "65 percent of consoles are located in the living room; Nintendo Wii leads (75 percent) but Kinect for Microsoft Xbox 360 is helping to shift that platform toward communal spaces" Are we saying that over all 3 platforms, an average of 65% of them are located in the living room, with the the Wii having 75% of its consoles in the living room and 25% in other rooms in the house? 

Yup, 

Nah I'm just playin', I'm confused about it too, and it's almost 1AM for me right now. Good luck figuring it out

happydolphin said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Yup, 

Nah I'm just playin', I'm confused about it too, and it's almost 1AM for me right now. Good luck figuring it out

Hah it's not the numbers it's just the implications. At first I thought it was suggesting 65% of households had a Wii or something. 

wow, Kid Icarus trailer is awesome, i hope the game is as good

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Ah, crap. Capcom's making Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3X. It has eight new characters and is coming out in July.

What the hell is the point with all of these expansions? Don't see this coming to Wii U anytime soon, I hope. This is just a rumor at the moment.
http://gamingeverything.com/16691/rumor-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3x-incoming/

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Angry Birds is "still" coming to the 3DS.

We heard that Angry Birds would be coming to the 3DS. Then things went quiet and we heard nothing more about it. I figured the project had been canned. But Peter Vesterbacka of Rovio, the company that makesAngry Birds has confirmed that they’ll “have [their] games on the 3DS pretty soon.” I’m not keen to play the game myself, but I am interested to see how well it does on a “traditional” handheld platform.

I love Dillon's Rolling Western!

Great game. I'd give it around 8.7. Well worth the asking price (even if it is quite high...)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Would that be the first Angry Birds title on a nintendo system?

bobgamez said:
Would that be the first Angry Birds title on a nintendo system?

Yes, it will.