By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

Oh, yeah! Happy Birthday 3DS!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

Has it really been a year already? That worthless piece of junk.

Oh well, at least the thing is backwards compatible and I also got 20 ambassador games, so there's something worth playing on the system.

Nice way to celebrate it Rol! Just put it down.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

Has it really been a year already? That worthless piece of junk.

Oh well, at least the thing is backwards compatible and I also got 20 ambassador games, so there's something worth playing on the system.

Now, now, Rol.  Remember that the DS' first year was abysmal except for Nintendogs (and Mario Kart DS hit right about on its first b-day).

At least with 3DS we have two great Mario themed games, an excellent Zelda remake, Resident Evil:R, Star Fox and Street Fighter, along with the ambassador games and also great games in the e-shop such as Pushmo, Zelda:LA, Punch Out, etc.

This post has been deleted.

Love and tolerate.

spurgeonryan said:
Salnax said:

Did you add some more games to it? I will re-watch it if you did. More e-shop games would be good as well.

Everyone should watch this, he did a good job!

Damn, did I post this already? Sorry. I'll delete it.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
archbrix said:

Now, now, Rol.  Remember that the DS' first year was abysmal except for Nintendogs (and Mario Kart DS hit right about on its first b-day).

At least with 3DS we have two great Mario themed games, an excellent Zelda remake, Resident Evil:R, Star Fox and Street Fighter, along with the ambassador games and also great games in the e-shop such as Pushmo, Zelda:LA, Punch Out, etc.

Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are both much better than Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Kart DS, I'll give you that. But Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow was a new game while Ocarina of Time 3D is cold coffee. Kirby Power Paintbrush and Advance Wars: Dual Strike offset Resident Evil: Revelations and I take the back then fresh release of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones over all eShop games put together.

So in summary, the 3DS is better (also because of Tales of the Abyss), but it is my duty as a fake "real Nintendo fan" to proclaim that Nintendo was much better in the past. Because that's how it always works.

Ah, I forgot about Castlevania and Advance Wars (both great) and I never played Fire Emblem.  The Kirby game was interesting, I just never got into it.  And I do have to say that for me personally, Mario Kart DS runs circles around MK7, but that's due to the fact that MKDS is my favorite racer of all time, not that MK7 is bad.  Overall I'd still agree that 3DS' first year was better.

But Ocarina of Time 3D cold coffee?  I agree it's not freshly brewed, but it's still produced from gourmet coffee beans all the same...

RolStoppable said:

Okay... how about this?

The 3DS brought a lot of joy to my life, because it allows me to beat kids in Mario Kart 7 online.

Anyway you put it Momma your going to be putting someone/something down aren't you? Huuhhh. :/

Lastest 3DS purchase......... Dead or Alive: Dimensions (excellent game, good story, lots of dailogue)

Latest DS purchase........ Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (was on sale really cheap, i was sceptical about this one due to usig the stylus to walk & attack ect, but it actually works really well, very happy with it)

In a nutshell i am thoroughly enjoying my 3DS, and not a day has gone by without me playing it since i purchased it in early January this year.

Happy first birthday 3DS!

RolStoppable said:

1.  Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is among the 3DS ambassador games... you have no soul, man.

2.  For me personally, Mario Kart DS is trash not that great.

3.  OoT is greatly overrated and after the N64 original, the The Wind Waker bonus disc (including Master Quest) and the Zelda Collector's Edition, I really don't need to own it yet another time. Better graphics, optional aiming with motion sensing and a boss rush mode? Just not worth it.

1.  I will certainly play it eventually, I just haven't gotten around to it.

2.  People have gone to hell for lesser blasphemy than this...

3.  See #2, ya fake "Real Nintendo Fan".  :P