By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fez's dev to Japanese dev At GDC: "Your games just suck"...Japanese Developer Leaves GDC

I stand by my statement that games in general are worse, and certainly less innovative in general imo.

For Japan I think home console games are going to be less and less, except big titles that do good in the west like Final Fantasy, MGS, or a lot of Capcom games. Because the home console market is small and getting smaller. Not to mention, they're a lot more expensive to develop for than handhelds.

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:
xKratosWitAGunx said:
I hope people take this into account when deciding to purchase his game. I would never give my money to someone who puts down someones work. The Japanese Dev probably put a lot of effort into it. Jerk!

That's silly. A game should be judged on its merits, not on those of its creator.

But he certainly won't be getting any of my dollars. It's no different when people to decide to boycott publishers because of their leadership (Kotick on Activision, etc). If I actually want to play his game, then I'll gladly pirate it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Acevil said:
richardhutnik said:

Developer who is not able to gets his game publishes criticizes an entire segment of the videogame industry that does get their games published.

Now excuse me as I go play Minecraft in a sec here.

Same here! :P

And I was trying to build a mob spawner that went into the sky, without the need for water, and then realizing, "Oh shoot, how the heck do I prevent them from getting hurt falling before they hit the central well area to be collected below.

Well, I guess I will work on it.  You know what I need to work on?  MyLifeCraft.  It is a game that actually has an impact.

richardhutnik said:
Acevil said:
richardhutnik said:

Developer who is not able to gets his game publishes criticizes an entire segment of the videogame industry that does get their games published.

Now excuse me as I go play Minecraft in a sec here.

Same here! :P

And I was trying to build a mob spawner that went into the sky, without the need for water, and then realizing, "Oh shoot, how the heck do I prevent them from getting hurt falling before they hit the central well area to be collected below.

Well, I guess I will work on it.  You know what I need to work on?  MyLifeCraft.  It is a game that actually has an impact.

Hmm I built mine about 3 levels of 2 high each floor (No enderman) heading all to the middle for collection, they fall to the floor where they are killed by lava, however spiders sometimes live but they are easily killed with fists because they are stuck for a mob spawner. 

Maybe Rob-Ot could update the OP with this:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/40108/GDC-Inafunes-call-to-arms-for-Japanese-devs

those are Kenji Infuane's views on Japanese gaming, personally i felt he makes some very thought provoking comments. and anyone can see he desperate for a reformation in Japanese gaming. and i agree with a lot of his points.

Around the Network

I need to save $600 so I can buy 40 copies of fez.

Fez looked good back in 2007. Five years in the making and Xbox Live doesn't help this guys cause. Just look at yourself.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"