By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung Galaxy S3 specs - this is just ... WOW!

Sounds pretty good. I wonder what features the iPhone 5 will have...

Around the Network

This is just a rumour. People should stop doing this, otherwise when the phone comes out everyone will be disappointed.

michael_stutzer said:
This is just a rumour. People should stop doing this, otherwise when the phone comes out everyone will be disappointed.

Rumor, yes, however there are other phones from HTC with nearly these specs on the floor at MWC and we know Samsungs next CPUs will be quad-core as well as their best current displays (on the Galaxy Nexus) do true 720p with density equal to iPhone's. So in reality NONE of these specs are out of this world for a phone that hasn't been announced yet but we know will be announced within the next month or so like all Sammy's Galaxy line.

As I've been saying in my PSV should be a phone thread, phones will be more capable (with the exception of actual game controls) than Vita by year's end.

rumours, I'm more then happy with my Galaxy S2.

I'm more interested in the new tablets, I want a 10" Galaxy Tab with the Super AmoLED HD screen

superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:

Rumor, yes, however there are other phones from HTC with nearly these specs on the floor at MWC and we know Samsungs next CPUs will be quad-core as well as their best current displays (on the Galaxy Nexus) do true 720p with density equal to iPhone's. So in reality NONE of these specs are out of this world for a phone that hasn't been announced yet but we know will be announced within the next month or so like all Sammy's Galaxy line.

As I've been saying in my PSV should be a phone thread, phones will be more capable (with the exception of actual game controls) than Vita by year's end.

It is extremely unlikely that Galaxy S3 would use A9 architecture. It will use  the new Exynos which will probably use a dual core A15. A15 dual cores are better than quad core A9's. Sure they can use a A15 quad core but that would be insanely unnecessary and expensive at this point. 1080p would also be overkill, no need for that.

Sure, phone technology is advancing pretty fast, but they won't be close to Vita for still a while. They are not designed to be gaming machines.

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:

It is extremely unlikely that Galaxy S3 would use Tegra 3. It will use  the new Exynos which will probably use a dual core A15. A15 dual cores are better than quad core A9's. Sure they can use a A15 quad core but that would be insanely unnecessary and expensive at this point. 1080p would also be overkill, no need for that.

Sure, phone technology is advancing pretty fast, but they won't be close to Vita for still a while. They are not designed to be gaming machines.

I follow phone tech more than I follow game tech. I can assure you, by end of this year ALL new phones will be quad-core. Yes, the gpus will arguably still be less than Vita's, but that will be varied depending on device. Of course as  a dedicated console, it will still have superior controls and gaming specific experience.

The Exynos chips will be quad-core on the S3 and later Sammy high-end devices. Tegra3's will be in many other OEMs devices as well by end of year. Its just the natural progression of the phones which are being pushed by Android. iPhone will follow suit, as they always do, with the iPhone5 and MS will play catch up as well as their WP8 rolls out at years end/2013.

superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:
superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:

It is extremely unlikely that Galaxy S3 would use Tegra 3. It will use  the new Exynos which will probably use a dual core A15. A15 dual cores are better than quad core A9's. Sure they can use a A15 quad core but that would be insanely unnecessary and expensive at this point. 1080p would also be overkill, no need for that.

I follow phone tech more than I follow game tech. I can assure you, by end of this year ALL new phones will be quad-core. Yes, the gpus will arguably still be less than Vita's, but that will be varied depending on device. Of course as  a dedicated console, it will still have superior controls and gaming specific experience.

The Exynos chips will be quad-core on the S3 and later Sammy high-end devices. Tegra3's will be in many other OEMs devices as well by end of year. Its just the natural progression of the phones which are being pushed by Android. iPhone will follow suit, as they always do, with the iPhone5 and MS will play catch up as well as their WP8 rolls out at years end/2013.

That would be true only if Sammy didn't said otherwise. http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/30/new-samsung-chip-has-two-of-everything-two-cores-2ghz-2560-x/

They say it will be on tablets, but using quad cores in phones and dual cores in tablets would make zero sense.

Quad core means nothing if it is still based on old architecture. Dual core A15 CPUs easily outperform the quad core Tegra 3's. 

The only thing that seems slightly farfetched is the 1080p display. That would require a huge increase in pixel density.

michael_stutzer said:
superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:
superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:

That would be true only if Sammy didn't said otherwise. http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/30/new-samsung-chip-has-two-of-everything-two-cores-2ghz-2560-x/

They say it will be on tablets, but using quad cores in phones and dual cores in tablets would make zero sense.

Quad core means nothing if it is still based on old architecture. Dual core A15 CPUs easily outperform the quad core Tegra 3's. 

I see your four month old article and raise it with my four day old article.... http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_shows_quadcore_exynos_chipset-news-3879.php

heres an engadget report on same thing... http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/23/samsung-demos-new-32nm-quad-core-exynos-ahead-of-mwc/

superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:
superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:
superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:

I see your four month old article with my four day old article.... http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_shows_quadcore_exynos_chipset-news-3879.php

OK. That article says it is four A9 cores. It would be a stepback from dual core A15 architecture. You are trying to convince me that that CPU has better technology than what I suggest. It simply isn't.

There are a lot of phones with quad core Tegra 3 coming this year. It would be  disappoinment if Samsung actually uses them in S3. 

I think it would be the best way if they use that CPU I linked this year and four core A15 CPU's next year.