By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung Galaxy S3 specs - this is just ... WOW!

Samsung Galaxy S III full specs: 1.5GHz quad-core, 1080p display, ceramic case

We reported some exclusive details surrounding Samsung’s upcoming flagship Galaxy S III smartphone this past weekend, and now we have received some more information that helps us paint a more complete picture. And as that picture becomes more clear, this sure looks like the baddest Android smartphone the world hasn’t yet seen. We reported that the new Samsung flagship would launch in a simultaneous fashion across the globe, but we now have some more detailed specifications to report. Ladies and gentlemen, here is the Samsung Galaxy S III:

• 1.5GHz quad-core Samsung Exynos processor
  • 4.8-inch “full HD” 1080p resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio display
  • A 2-megapixel front-facing camera and an 8-megapixel rear camera
  • Ceramic case
  • 4G LTE
  • Android 4.0

As always, we’ll keep pounding our sources for more information, but we have to say… a Blu-ray-like display? On a smartphone? We’ll cuddle up with that and some popcorn any night of the week.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/27/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-full-specs-1-5ghz-quad-core-1080p-display-ceramic-case/

----

I lol'd! 1080p on 4.8"

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

I added -like in the last paragraph. Some people were complaining about it in the original article and they are right

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I wonder why we actually need this kinda powerfull hardware... besides gaming there is no real reason why we need to have this powerfull and expensive tech.. My iPhone 1 still does the same thing as my iphone4S besides some games.. I rather have cheaper phones then these yearly upgrades which only seems to cut of the supply of the last version to only sell the new one at a high price..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Is this stronger than vita?

i think that will be at least US$800 and above...
really don't see whats the point to spent so much just for a smartphone...

Around the Network

quad-core is so useless for a smartphone, this device will cost like 699 (599 at the minimum) again at launch.
I will rather buy the Sony Xperia S with a good camera and better design (mostr likely), which has 1,5 dualcore, thats more than enough..

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

ProdigyBam said:
quad-core is so useless for a smartphone, this device will cost like 699 (599 at the minimum) again at launch.
I will rather buy the Sony Xperia S with a good camera and better design (mostr likely), which has 1,5 dualcore, thats more than enough..

LOL all smartphones cost $500 to $600 without a contract at launch.

Also, in computing there is no such thing as 'enough'.

I have a Galaxy Nexus with its dual core cpu and other awesome stuff. Fact is, just as now all phones have dual core cpus when that was first brought out early 2011, by the end of this year all new phones will have quad core cpus. Its just the nature of computing.

Having really enjoyed Samsung Galaxy S2, I most likely will jump on board with S4. Sorry S3 you sound very awesome, but I don't think I can support yearly phones.

1.5GHz implies it won't be Cortex-A15 based and Samsung means not Krait.

I mean, look at this performance:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/qualcomm-snapdragon-s4-krait-performance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks

If I was paying $600 for a phone I'd want the best CPU on the market.

Judgement-2012 said:
Is this stronger than vita?

PSV runs a quad-core at 1GHz, but it's resolution is quite a bit lower than 1080p (1080p is totally unnecesary on that sized screen), the PSV probably has a significantly better GPU and a phone can't dedicate as much % of resources to gaming as the PSV can. So not really.