By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung Galaxy S3 specs - this is just ... WOW!

So the difference between samsungs new top line phone and the HTC one x
is 4.8inch screen 1080p screen compared to a 4.7 720p screen
2mp front facing camera compared to a 1.3mp

I really was impressed with the HTC one x i hope it doesnt get dominated by this and lose more market share

Around the Network
famousringo said:
superchunk said:

Also, are you saying Sony, Sammy, and others have no interest in putting out OLED TVs?

No, I'm saying the development of a 1080p 4.8" smartphone display has nothing to do with the development of a ~50" 1080p TV display. You're talking about a display whose breakthrough feature is making cost-effective OLEDs smaller to achieve greater pixel density within performance parameters (maintaining brightness, color fidelity, etc.). What TV needs is a breakthough that makes OLEDs bigger while remaining cost-effective and within appropriate performance parameters.

So unless you're talking about a 10800p TV with no disernable pixels until your face is six inches from the screen, the rumoured SGS 3 has absolutely no impact on the development of OLED TVs.

The production of increasingly capable 5" screen technology has a direct effect on the eventual production of larger screen sizes. Sammy continuing the production of higher end small displays allows them to perfect the technology and reduce the costs associated with that technology so that they are able to eventually build a larger display.

This breakthrough will allow them to sell 46" OLED 1080p tvs in a couple years and this is what all of us should want as it has a better picture quality and lower energy use than current technology.