By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung Galaxy S3 specs - this is just ... WOW!

@michael_stutzer

Tegra 3 is a terrible implementation of A9, maybe Samsung's won't be bandwidth constrained. A15/Krait is fast but not twice as fast as a A9 core assuming sufficiently threaded workload and similar clockspeed.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
@michael_stutzer

Tegra 3 is a terrible implementation of A9, maybe Samsung's won't be bandwidth constrained. A15/Krait is fast but not twice as fast as a A9 core assuming sufficiently threaded workload and similar clockspeed.

True. Exynos CPU's generally have 10-15% more performance compared to the competition. Of course it would still be more than enough but I thought it would be logical to use A15 from now on, because it is the future.

michael_stutzer said:
superchunk said:

I see your four month old article with my four day old article.... http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_shows_quadcore_exynos_chipset-news-3879.php

OK. That article says it is four A9 cores. It would be a stepback from dual core A15 architecture. You are trying to convince me that that CPU has better technology than what I suggest. It simply isn't.

There are a lot of phones with quad core Tegra 3 coming this year. It would be  disappoinment if Samsung actually uses them in S3. 

I think it would be the best way if they use that CPU I linked this year and four core A15 CPU's next year.

I never said anything about one being better than the other. All I said was that by end of year all new phones will be quad-core similar to how end of 2011 all new phones were dual core. (refering to med to high-end, not cheapos)

This is a Vita Killer.. and so is the next iphone, lg, and nokia..

what nice specs.. if it comes with tv out/hdmi and can use bluetooth controllers.. it can be used as a home console to.. :)

superchunk said:
michael_stutzer said:

OK. That article says it is four A9 cores. It would be a stepback from dual core A15 architecture. You are trying to convince me that that CPU has better technology than what I suggest. It simply isn't.

There are a lot of phones with quad core Tegra 3 coming this year. It would be  disappoinment if Samsung actually uses them in S3. 

I think it would be the best way if they use that CPU I linked this year and four core A15 CPU's next year.

I never said anything about one being better than the other. All I said was that by end of year all new phones will be quad-core similar to how end of 2011 all new phones were dual core. (refering to med to high-end, not cheapos)

My point was that A15 quad cores would be overkill at this point and you proved my point by saying they were still old A9. I didn't know it was already announced though, sorry about that, my mistake. So we don't disagree at that point.

Around the Network

Awesome. That's Samsung. I would have preferred Exynous 5000 series cpu that's dual core 2.0Ghz that was shown a while back since Android 4.0 won't ever fully utilize a quad core. Then again, it guarantees you future updates (Android 5.0)

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Acevil said:
Having really enjoyed Samsung Galaxy S2, I most likely will jump on board with S4. Sorry S3 you sound very awesome, but I don't think I can support yearly phones.

Exactly what I was thinking. My contract is 24 month, so it should end just as soon as S4 comes out hopefully. If around that time Samsung annihilates all other competitors like it did with S2, S4 will probably make a hole in my bank account for another 2 years.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Judgement-2012 said:
Is this stronger than vita?

PSV runs a quad-core at 1GHz, but it's resolution is quite a bit lower than 1080p (1080p is totally unnecesary on that sized screen), the PSV probably has a significantly better GPU and a phone can't dedicate as much % of resources to gaming as the PSV can. So not really.

I believe the PS Vita CPU can run at 2GHz, but it will not be allowed to due to battery and heat limitations. Also, note that the GPU is quad core. 

butcherknife said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Judgement-2012 said:
Is this stronger than vita?

PSV runs a quad-core at 1GHz, but it's resolution is quite a bit lower than 1080p (1080p is totally unnecesary on that sized screen), the PSV probably has a significantly better GPU and a phone can't dedicate as much % of resources to gaming as the PSV can. So not really.

I believe the PS Vita CPU can run at 2GHz, but it will not be allowed to due to battery and heat limitations. Also, note that the GPU is quad core. 

Yup :) CPU is downclocked to 800-1000MHz

Acevil said:
Having really enjoyed Samsung Galaxy S2, I most likely will jump on board with S4. Sorry S3 you sound very awesome, but I don't think I can support yearly phones.

Same here. I just got my S2 last March/April, so I'm good for a while still.