By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita to be the number one selling console/handheld in the new gen

Salnax said:
Monster Hunter and Resident Evil are firmly established on the 3DS.

-Doesn't matter we all know where the market belongs to and that's Sony, those games sell the most of Sony platforms.

Theatrhyhtm and Bravely Default indicate that Square Enix will support the 3DS at least as much as a FFX port suggests they'll support the Vita.

-A Final Fantasy VII remake could say otherwise ;) :P

There is no reason to believe Call of Duty will be as big on the Vita as on the 360, especially when the PC and Wii incarnations of the game do modestly in comparison. 

-Call a duty is biggest on console, the vita is the closet thing to the X360 and PS3. And the wii obviously didn't have the market.

Gran Turismo was not that big a hit on the PSP, and there is little reason to believe a Vita version will do much better. And the game hasn't even been announced yet, so that will be late in the Vita's life.

-It's a no brainer it's already being worked on, but it wont take as long as GT5 did for the PS3, it'll be much easier and quicker for them to make it for the Vita because of the similarities with the PS3. Not to mention PSP c ouldn't sell software piracy issues.

Fifa was never that big on the PSP. Once again, why would things change?

- Again piracy issues, but this time there's acutally better controls.

The early reports of the 3DS causing headaches disappeared when people actually started playing the system. .

-:P

Games like Resident Evil: Revelations prove the 3DS has graphics comfortably ahead of what 7th gen handhelds can offer.

- For now but this is similar to the Wii, it will quickly wear out.

Vita ports are possible now. But what about in two years, when the consoles are all replaced? Suddenly, ports aren't very easy anymore.

-Well probably 2 -3 years but still who cares, by then the Vita will definately have it's foot in the door and getting plenty of new good IP's. They can always get the graphics dumbed down for next gen.

Nintendo has done alright with new IPs on the 3DS. Pushmo was a major hit, and games like Steel Diver, Rolling Western, and Kid Icarus prove that they're willing to go in relatively new directions.

-I got my eye on them.

In short, I think you're completely wrong and your reasoning is unsound.

But it's nice to see you.

-I don't agree but it's nice to see you too :)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Gilgamesh said:

To the people that bring up the PSP/DS argument, has this gen taught you anything?? The one thing we all know is that history rarely repeats itself. Anything can happen and simply saying that because DS (one of many big handheld's Nintendo came out with and dominated) beat PSP (Sony's first real handheld and only handheld to put up a fight with Nintendo's handhelds) is just stupid, it's invalid.

The PSP/DS argument is much better than yours which is blind faith. Just saying.

My argument is to say why can't the Vita beat the 3DS?

Everyone replies, "it can't vita won't beat Nintendo they make the best handhelds and everyone buys them!" Everyone bought the NES And SNES until Sony showed up then everyone bought PS1 and PS2's now it's back to the Wii, it's to random to say Nintendo will win for the sake of Nintendos track record for handhelds, the PSP  did great against the DS compared to any other handheld, we know it's doable 70 milion PSP's sold is impressive.

I usually don't go into the war between 3DS and Vita, but Gilgamesh would you kindly join me for Media Create this week? I will post it (or someone will) around 10 AM EST Wednesday. I want your take on the Vita in that thread, specifically.

Hard to tell... nintendo has several console movers under their sleeve, sony however only has GT which is only big in europe. COD & MH could probably help, but they will rely a lot on 3rd parties so what if does games do not succeed? Does sony really have a plan B?... I hope the vita the best of luck, but I dont think is going to outsell the 3ds.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

leper-apostle said:
Acevil said:
leper-apostle said:
Doubtfull, but you never know, sony seems to have way better Dev and software support. It can happen but cannto see it the general masses are sheep. The US seems to be anti Sony for some reason.

So you are calling all 3DS owners sheep, including me? 

Sorry didnt mean it like that, what I meant was people will just dismiss something and stick with what they know, didn't mean it in a bad way LOL.  People often mdont buy with quality in mind all the time, cheap trumps all.

Win.

Around the Network

No. Nintendo will just counter a price drop with another price drop, and the 3DS still has 3DS Lite 3DS XL etc to boost sales. 3DS has many good years to come.

Sony is going to beat it in graphics and that's it.

Plus Sony doesn't have the Pokemanz. Don't say Monster Hunter because It's already out on the 3DS (amirite?)

Edit: Also noted you said Call of Duty. It was on the DS and none gave a rats behind. I fail to see how the Vita version will change things. Not to mention Call of Duty is brotacular social game on consoles, have yet to see it work on the go.

It's just that simple.

As much as I WANT you to be right, I still have to say you're not.

i would love for Sony to be number 1 in the handheld market because i think it would make it more exciting the next time around, the only way this COULD happen is if they keep the ads for the Vita flowing and not stop them in a weeks time like they did with PSP. They need to dominate TV like Nin did when the DS came out. of course it will need a price cut too

I really would want this to happen but unfortunately it's unlikely. Sony has to do EVERYTHING correct for the vita to fully compete or even surpass the 3ds. Japan needs a completely new monster hunter, metal gear solid, gran turismo, final fantasy and a price cut. The west needs call of duty, FIFA, bioshock etc.. All of this alongside a price cut and substantial advertising on a consistent basis. Sony needs to also have all their first parties producing games for it consistently- Killzone, uncharted, gran turismo.. As well  brand new games that are exclusive e.g jak 4, little big planet kart. It also needs to add extras like a YouTube app and google chrome. All of these things would lead it to victory. The price cut is key though and should happen around Christmas time alongside call of duty and limited edition bundles.

I think coupled with huge marketing, the Vita could really outdo the PSP, they really should change their ad campaign tho, while they're awesome it doesnt show off the Vita.

Call of Duty is gonna be big, if advertised properly, CoD can do what Mario and MH did for 3DS in Japan.