By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita to be the number one selling console/handheld in the new gen

Acevil said:
Blacksaber said:
badgenome said:
Blacksaber said:
badgenome said:
Acevil said:

Didn't think you would be on the side of reason. Something is really wrong today. 

Zip it, you sheep.

But mom I own a 3ds....am I sheep also?

No, honey. You're not a sheep. You're just my greatest regret.

Woo! I'm not a filthy animal I'm just unloved by my mom! Thanks mom your the greastest!

So that means Badgenome is Jewish Mother? Just when I thought this day could not get any more stranger. 

You think thats weird? I'm a Sega Fanboy so I'm asexual so how do I have a mother.....am I adopted...T_T

Former something....

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
leper-apostle said:
NintendoPie said:
leper-apostle said:
people didnt think the ps1 would outsell N either, never say never. The vita has the chops to do it. Its an amazing device thats getting great word of mouth.

They could with Home Consoles, they can't with HandHelds. That is the only problem for them.

They can't? Thats totally false, anything can happen, Nintendo is beatable like they were in the console market.  It's not impossible at all.

What I said has a side of joking/sarcasm to it. It is near impossible, Nintendo just knows the HH Market that well.

People said the exact same thing with home consoles, it's not that far fetched, the issue is will Sony give vita betetr support early on then PSP did? PSp took years to take off and still hit 80 mill.

Here we go again...

leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
Depends on if Nintendo manages to fuck up their 2D Mario, and pokemon, and Capcom fucks up Monster Hunter 4 all at once.

Otherwise this will most likely be a repeat of PS2 vs Xbox, Vita being Xbox.

If you count out third party bias out of the equation of course. And Vita using off the shelf parts that will come down in price quickly.

HUH? Peopel make like PSP bombed its near 80 million and still selling. It's a lotm more complicated then that, Sony has more software suppoirt day 1, and you know third paqrty exclusives are coming.

Your point is?

It's pretty clear... Sony got their foot in the door and established market share., and are much betetr positioned the long haul. The vita is also incredibly easy to work on for developers, and PSN integration will help move units.

Xbox was dev friendly too. I don't see much that contradicts what I said in my first post. Except for Vita being in a good position.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Anything can happen, but as of now I don't really see Nintendo doing enough wrong with the 3DS to make people abandon it for the PSVita. They are pumping out good games for it, and have tons planned for the future. They have new online capabilities planned for the system, and people seem to like what the device has to offer so far. I'm sure the PSVita will do fine in time as long as Sony continues to support it, but Nintendo is holding onto their dominance of the handheld console market with an iron fist, making it much harder for Sony. Sales don't necessarily equal quality anyway, so as long as Sony supports it like I said earlier, it will still be a good system.

Around the Network
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
Depends on if Nintendo manages to fuck up their 2D Mario, and pokemon, and Capcom fucks up Monster Hunter 4 all at once.

If you count out third party bias out of the equation of course. And Vita using off the shelf parts that will come down in price quickly.

HUH? Peopel make like PSP bombed its near 80 million and still selling. It's a lotm more complicated then that, Sony has more software suppoirt day 1, and you know third paqrty exclusives are coming.

Your point is?

It's pretty clear... Sony got their foot in the door and established market share., and are much betetr positioned the long haul. The vita is also incredibly easy to work on for developers, and PSN integration will help move units.

Xbox was dev friendly too. I don't see much that contradicts what I said in my first post. Except for Vita being in a good position.

The xbox came late into its gen and had 1/10th the titles to compete, we saw what being easy to code for did for the 360..... If PSP can still do 80 mill, despite lacklustre support for several years, vita can improve on that over time.

leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:

Your point is?

The xbox came late into its gen and had 1/10th the titles to compete, we saw what being easy to code for did for the 360..... If PSP can still do 80 mill, despite lacklustre support for several years, vita can improve on that over time.

We shall see.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Is gilgamesh drinking again? Dude, it's monday...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

@badgenome lol

Gilgamesh :didn't think i'd get this plesent surprise. i tend to agree with the sofware part, but like many have already mentiond it's likely not to happen.

if Sony can get all the Japan PSP dev's to switch to Vita in the next 1 or so, then i can see Vita getting closer, but a exclusive Monster hunter game and special edition console would do wonders for the system i'm sure.

it seems many are already counting out COD's (so not a buy for me) ability to sell Vitas, but there is huge potential there.

if Vita can get one special innovative must have ip, that you can't make on any other platform, then i can see it. if Fifa can hit the mark it does on PS3 on Vita, then 3DS won't stand a chance without Mario.

i wouldn't bet money on it though lol.

Is it 2005 again?