By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2018 Major League Baseball!!!!~ You have what it takes? Cubs lose, Rockies move on in a game that went on till after midnight

Who will be World Series Champions?

Yankees 6 18.18%

Cubs 5 15.15%

Houston 8 24.24%

Rockies 0 0%

Boston 2 6.06%

Washington 0 0%

Dodgers 9 27.27%

Indians 2 6.06%

Arizona 0 0%

Twins 1 3.03%

Total:33

Didgers...because my boyfriend kike hernandez, 14 is playing there

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Pretty excited that Houston has moved on! Hope the Indians can take out the Yankees too.

The Yankees are given them a scare. Wouldn't be surprised if New York wins the series now.

Wow, what a wild game! Love beating Dusty, as well as that hair/bat-flipped full of himself Bryce Harper. Reminded me of WS game 7 last year with how close and intense it was.

I know we just got that epic WS win (feels like yesterday), but I'm hungry for another! God knows we have lots of lost time to make up for with our 108 year gap.. I don't feel great about facing the Dodgers, as our bullpen is mostly trash, but if there's anything that makes me feel ok about it is that we've been one of the best teams of the 2nd half of the season while the Dodgers have pretty much coasted through the 2nd half, including a 11 game losing streak. Post season isn't so much about the overall best team, but often the hottest going into it.. Go CUBS!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

LOL the 4 biggest American cities are the ones with a team left.

Welp, enjoy the world series Dodger fans. My Cubs just don't match up this year. Our offense has enormous potential but seems to be choking (we seem to have forgotten our patience at the plate) and our bullpen is a goddamn mess. At this rate I almost hope we get swept so we can rest a bit longer and Theo can get back to the drawing board and retool the pitching (especially the bullpen) for next season. Maddon also is shit at managing bullpens (almost lost it for us in the WS last year).

I kind of consider that game 5 against Washington as our World Series, with how crazy it was, with how lucky we got to even get past that point.

Guess it's time to start pulling for the Blackhawks again..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

Yikes, the Yankees thumped the Astros.

spurgeonryan said:
I just don't want the Dodgers, never have liked them. Yankees either. If Dodgers go then I am going for Houston... Or Yankees I guess.

Agreed. Dodgers vs Yankees would probably be my least favorite world series matchup out of ALL MLB teams outside of my two most hated teams of each league - Cardinals vs White Sox.. In theory I've probably always disliked the Yankees more but I don't like the Dodgers either and out of sheer bitterness I think I'd have to give the slight favoritism towards the Yankees too. 

Just hoping for Houston to get in so I can root for them, though Yankees have come back to tie the series so it's certainly not looking as good for them as it was days ago. 

Yankees Vs Dodgers it seems. Could be wrong but it feels it’s headed that way.

spurgeonryan said:
Dodgers were having non of that. After that one loss they were not allowing it again. Still such a boring team, but they sure did dominate the Cubs.

I pretty much made peace with the fact that we were going out after game 2, if not game 3 for sure. But I just wish we made it a battle and not go out like chumps the way we did.

Repeat WS would have been nice but wasn't meant to be. Team just wasn't as good this year. Hell even last year we were world beaters and we were still one swing of the bat away from potentially losing it in 7.

Hopefully they'll be back with something to prove again next year. Got major pitching issues to fix and need another Fowler like lead off hitter than can ignite the offense.. I'm still so stoked I got to see one in my lifetime that honestly I'd be good for another like 5 years at least heh.

spurgeonryan said:
I have never beennmore happy to be wrong! By by Yankees!

Go Houston!

I want Houston to win too! Texas > California (even though I haven't been to either).