By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2018 Major League Baseball!!!!~ You have what it takes? Cubs lose, Rockies move on in a game that went on till after midnight

Who will be World Series Champions?

Yankees 6 18.18%

Cubs 5 15.15%

Houston 8 24.24%

Rockies 0 0%

Boston 2 6.06%

Washington 0 0%

Dodgers 9 27.27%

Indians 2 6.06%

Arizona 0 0%

Twins 1 3.03%

Total:33
spurgeonryan said:
Oh, wow. I have been at work all night. Cubs win?^

Cubs won. Somewhere, amp is getting more drunk than usual.

Poor Pirates though, knocked out in the first round again after a good regular season performance. They better shape up soon or they'll be called the A's East.

Around the Network

Jake Arrieta is the man! I actually think that the Cubs have a solid chance against the Cardinals.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
Jake Arrieta is the man! I actually think that the Cubs have a solid chance against the Cardinals.

Getting excited?

4-2 Cubs! I even found 780 AM to listen to it while driving!

Although I will say that I am apprehensive about them winning today. They do move on with a win right? Then they have to wait so long for the next series. I have bad past experiences with a team not being fresh when not waiting so long. I would like them to win today of course, just hope they don't lose momentum.

The NLDS is Sat so, it's only three days off. That's not bad.

spurgeonryan said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

The NLDS is Sat so, it's only three days off. That's not bad.

Not too bad, I agree. I just have bad experiences.

ANyone just that pitch from CAhill in the dirt and the guy ( wong ) swung at it. Brutal pitch!

Yeah, as a Cubs fan... the sky is falling right now for me haha. I have never had so many emotional swings within a couple hours in my life. It's ridiculous lol

And.... here it goes. The curse of the Bartman.

Around the Network

What the HELL is Rodeny doing in this game?!?!?!?!?!

I saw throw Lester out there. I mean, I know he's saving him for a game 5 but... you can't take chances like this imo.

spurgeonryan said:
This guy is pitching like he just came up from the Kane County Cougars minor league team....... Throw over the damned plate! You cannot expect someone to swing if the ball is a foot off the plate!!!

lol... 

Maybe if we can get through this inning, Joe will put Rondon on the mound for the 8th and 9th.

Someone call the FBI cause that ball was fucking MURDERED!!!!

spurgeonryan said:
Who does Shwarber remind me of? A white David Ortiz? He is a big guy! As soon as I saw he had a 500 average this series I thought Home Run!!!

That swing reminds me of Babe Ruth. Probably the most violent swing in the game right now.