By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2018 Major League Baseball!!!!~ You have what it takes? Cubs lose, Rockies move on in a game that went on till after midnight

Who will be World Series Champions?

Yankees 6 18.18%

Cubs 5 15.15%

Houston 8 24.24%

Rockies 0 0%

Boston 2 6.06%

Washington 0 0%

Dodgers 9 27.27%

Indians 2 6.06%

Arizona 0 0%

Twins 1 3.03%

Total:33

Go Dodgers! Beat the Houston Umpires!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Insidb said:
Go Dodgers! Beat the Houston Umpires!

You from California or just prefer the Dodgers to win?

I'm from NY and just sifted through a mountain of soul-crushing pitch f/x data.

spurgeonryan said:
Insidb said:

I'm from NY and just sifted through a mountain of soul-crushing pitch f/x data.

Ah I see,  revenge. Lol,  part of the reason I don't like the Dodgers. Houston is also from my old division. Used to be a huge Mariners fan. But they crushed me too much and I have been gone too long. Had to adopt the cubs. 

I would have been fine with the Cubs and am impartial towards the Dodgers. If anything an LA win, would get the "you bought a championship" target off NY's back/

Let's go Astros!

spurgeonryan said:
Insidb said:

I would have been fine with the Cubs and am impartial towards the Dodgers. If anything an LA win, would get the "you bought a championship" target off NY's back/

Being from everywhere but New York,  I feel that notion has kind of went away. Probably just due to them not having any dynasties for a while. 

Houston did NOT get the memo lol.

Around the Network

Game 1 seemed very short somehow.

Excellent game!!! They were saying that it's the record for home runs scored in a World Series game. My cable box wasn't working so I had to watch a Mexican broadcast being streamed.

YUHS! Go Stros! If you can beat the freakin Red Sox, Yanks, AND Dodgers in one season, I'll forgive you for your pitiful performance against the White Sox in '05.. Had to endure so much crap from those south side jerks for well over a decade..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

It's not as much fun when you know the outcome in advance.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/02/sport/houston-astros-sports-illustrated-cover-trnd/index.html

spurgeonryan said:
EricHiggin said:
It's not as much fun when you know the outcome in advance.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/02/sport/houston-astros-sports-illustrated-cover-trnd/index.html

They must have had them pre-made? 

You know your a top notch business when you print your championship covers 3 years in advance to save money. Not only that, but the cover/edition is already worth a fortune by the time they win!