Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Directs - 22.02.2012

Wildvine53 said:
Nintendo Direct was pretty good, I'm waiting on Dillion's Rolling Western to download now. I'm glad Mario Tennis Open is coming relatively soon. Was anyone else not surprised at all by the announcement of The Last Story for NA?

I knew it was just a matter of time before it would come, following the Xenoblade Chronicles US announcement.

For me, today seems to have shown NoA take one step forward in regard to localisations.  However NoE took 2 steps forward, meaning that everyone is better off, but NoA is further behind NoE than it was.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Wildvine53 said:
Nintendo Direct was pretty good, I'm waiting on Dillion's Rolling Western to download now. I'm glad Mario Tennis Open is coming relatively soon. Was anyone else not surprised at all by the announcement of The Last Story for NA?

I was thinking it would be announced at E3, but the sooner the better.

As for Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pandora's Tower, there's still the Expo, so I'm not that worried... yet.

Now that they've confirmed the Last Story I would be surprised to not see the release of Pandora's Tower.

@MrT-Tar NOA continues to fall behind, while I wouldn't count on it, I'm hoping we'll still get Fatal Frame here.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

it seems Operation Rainfall was an epic success afterall

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Man Reggie kicked ass and took names in that video. Obviously Nintendo did not see Last Story as worth bringing over themselves but giving it to another publisher to bring to NA great idea. Heck Nintendo should try to find a publishing partner in NA to bring titles Nintendo does not deem as profitable to North America. Maybe sign a deal with a publishing label to be created exclusively supporting Nintendo platforms bringing over foreign Nintendo titles.

A publisher subsidiary. It would allow Nintendo to bring all of its titles to NA and the subsidiary may not require the over head Nintendo would to bring the titles over. The subsidiary would also have some of Nintendo's master pieces to themselves.

Sounds like a great idea. If I was THQ or Ubisoft I would jump at this opportunity. Devote a small localization team of say 20 to each game maybe have the subsidiary studio 100 employees strong. THQ could make some money on the side selling some of the best games Nintendo has to offer without the Dev costs. Little risk and great potential for profits that Nintendo doesn't deem worth the risk.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
it seems Operation Rainfall was an epic success afterall

An epic success would equal NoA apologizing and bringing all three games over as normal and limited editions. So far it's a Xenoblade Chronicles release limited to Gamestop (I think) and a different publisher bringing over The Last Story.

Two of the three games are confirmed, but the way they are making it to America leaves concerns for future games.

EDIT: Looking at the post above me, drinking for breakfast seems to have become more popular in Canada.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

Widvine53, I wanted to punch him when I saw him announce it, but then again better late than never.

I'm very excited to play Mario Tennis Open online. It's gonna be awesome.

Kid Icarus looks like a winner.

Also, NoE have announced the release date for Inazuma Eleven 2:

Both Blizzard and Firestorm versions will release on 16/03

MrT-Tar said:
Also, NoE have announced the release date for Inazuma Eleven 2:

Both Blizzard and Firestorm versions will release on 16/03

I've updated the OP with most of dates given on the Nintendo Directs and later press releases. If there is anything missing give a shout!

NoE's Direct debut went perfectly, showing support to its customers.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

NoE is a couple of step ahead of NoA, Nintendo of America even won't bring The Last Story... XSEED will do it.
And Europeans got Swapnote/Letterbox message from Aunoma (I want that stationery, anyone is kind enough to send it?)

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Well, that's one and a half games out of three. Operation Rainfall was a partial victory?

Love and tolerate.