By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mr. Miyamoto Really Enjoying Pikmin 3!

Tagged games:

I've never played a Pikmin game, but I hear they're amazingly fun. I'll be keeping an eye on this... I might be compelled to play the series. Not really feeling it right now though.

I did find it funny that Miyamoto is praising the HD capabilities of the Wii U.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
I wonder why does Miyamoto need HD graphics to make it closer to his ideal. Does it mean that the scenarios will have photo realistic graphics?

I'm eager to know more about it!

Fun fact: they originally tested Pikmin to see what kind of stress load the Gamecube could handle. Remember how you could control 200 at a time? Apparently the Gamecube could have handled a thousand, but seeing them and controlling them became almost impossible at that scale.

HD graphics and the Wii U may fix both of those problems. We'll see in time.

JEMC said:
I wonder why does Miyamoto need HD graphics to make it closer to his ideal. Does it mean that the scenarios will have photo realistic graphics?

I think it's more likely that higher resolution graphics offer more information about the scores of units on the screen at any one time. I've always thought that HD is best suited for strategy and simulation titles where a lot is going on.

Love and tolerate.

happydolphin said:
YAY!!! Great news! If Miyamoto is happy with a game, and marketing is right, I don't see why it wouldn't please consumers.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Cant wait to see the game in action at E3... I hope it's as good looking as that bird demo they showed off last year.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Okay, so with that kind of power we can actually get 200 Pikmin at the time, bigger and much more detailed landmasses, and even 60FPS?
Heck, yeah! Count me in.

morenoingrato said:
Okay, so with that kind of power we can actually get 200 Pikmin at the time, bigger and much more detailed landmasses, and even 60FPS?
Heck, yeah! Count me in.

No no no, we already had 200 Pikmin. This would let us see 1000 of them with the same fidelity we saw 200 at before.

good

now all that needs to come to Wii U is a REAL Paper Mario(not that super paper mario sh!t that was on the wii)

Salnax said:
JEMC said:

I think it's more likely that higher resolution graphics offer more information about the scores of units on the screen at any one time. I've always thought that HD is best suited for strategy and simulation titles where a lot is going on.

Actually I was thinking that with HD graphics they could put more detail to the enviroments and make them look almost lifelike, hence closed to what he had in mind.

And, as Khuutra says, if you add thousands of little pikmins in there, you'd never see the gardens as you did before

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Khuutra said:
morenoingrato said:
Heck, yeah! Count me in.

No no no, we already had 200 Pikmin. This would let us see 1000 of them with the same fidelity we saw 200 at before.

I know, but we can see 200 with much more security working perfectly in-game.